Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ICON5o2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Kentucky
I always leave my iPhone 4 on charge over night. Well today I noticed the clock and battery percentage was burned into the screen.

What should I do? I've had the phone since Dec 2010. Am I stuck with this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337575842.218496.jpg

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I always leave my iPhone 4 on charge over night. Well today I noticed the clock and battery percentage was burned into the screen.

why does your screen stay on all night? I'm sure everyone will have the same answer, just take it to an Apple store and see if they'll help you out.

ICON5o2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Kentucky
That's weird cause my screen never stays on. So I wonder what caused this? It has to be screen burn in right? I'm leaving the phone powered off over night and see what happens. I tried turning it off and even doing a hard reset earlier but no luck. I wonder if a restore would work?

therealjustin

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011
Wait, did you photoshop that screenshot to show what the problem is or is that a real screenshot?

If it is real that is definitely NOT burn in. That would only show on the actual screen you're looking at and not on any screenshot because the defect would be with the specific screen on your iPhone.

ICON5o2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Kentucky
Wait, did you photoshop that screenshot to show what the problem is or is that a real screenshot?

If it is real that is definitely NOT burn in. That would only show on the actual screen you're looking at and not on any screenshot because the defect would be with the specific screen on your iPhone.

That's the actual screenshot. Oh wow I think I might know what's wrong. That wallpaper is from the weather Channel app. I liked it so I took a pic of the screen by holding the home button and power button.

I'm gonna go turn my phone back on and change the wallpaper and see if that's what's wrong. If that's it I'm gonna punch myself lol. Brb.

tbl

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
That's the actual screenshot. Oh wow I think I might know what's wrong. That wallpaper is from the weather Channel app. I liked it so I took a pic of the screen by holding the home button and power button.

I'm gonna go turn my phone back on and change the wallpaper and see if that's what's wrong. If that's it I'm gonna punch myself lol. Brb.

This certainly seems like it would be the cause of the problem...

ICON5o2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Kentucky
You guys are right lol. Today's been a crazy day for me lol. I still should've known what happened. I feel like such a doof now.

How funny would it have been if I ended up going into the Apple store and showing them my phone lol. The Apple Genius would have slapped me.

Thank you all for the replies!!

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
You guys are right lol. Today's been a crazy day for me lol. I still should've known what happened. I feel like such a doof now.

How funny would it have been if I ended up going into the Apple store and showing them my phone lol. The Apple Genius would have slapped me.

Thank you all for the replies!!

Oh, I'm sure they've dealt with much worse things than your case... There are some really incompetent people out there.

MasterTick

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
that's the actual screenshot. Oh wow i think i might know what's wrong. That wallpaper is from the weather channel app. I liked it so i took a pic of the screen by holding the home button and power button.

I'm gonna go turn my phone back on and change the wallpaper and see if that's what's wrong. If that's it i'm gonna punch myself lol. Brb.

ಠ_ಠ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.