Screen flickering 2016 13" NTB macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by woody_nz, Feb 7, 2017.

1. woody_nz macrumors newbie

woody_nz

I have an almost new 2016 macbook pro 13" non touch bar and i am finding i see allot of black flickering when watching videos in full screen. Its running the latest updates and the latest flash player/browser ect what could be causing it? A gpu issue? this is already a replacement as the first one i bought had to go back as the keyboard didn't work properly, not having much luck with these new mbp's
    here is a link to a video from my phone of the screen flickering.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

It's only full screen? Someone else mentioned some kind of glitch they were having only in full screen. You'd think a hardware issue would show whether full screen or not. It's not as though it's that taxing to the iGPU. Weird.

Have you talked to Apple yet?

3. woody_nz thread starter macrumors newbie

woody_nz

Havent taken it back in yet as i need it at the moment, when i sent the last one back with a dodgy keyboard it was a 2 week wait. It only seems to do the flicker thing in full screen so i was thinking software issue but the laptop i took back with the shoddy keyboard never had this problem so maybe it is hardware.

4. NicktheNorse macrumors member

I'm having the same issue on a 13" TB, though only when running Firefox.

Any update to your problem woody_nz?

5. ewkid macrumors member

My 2016 none touch bar does the exact same thing as the OP. Even if i pause the video the flicker will persist. Any update on yours woody_nx? I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue.

6. woody_nz thread starter macrumors newbie

woody_nz

No update as of yet, its still doing it

7. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

Well I think it's hardware issue.
    Bring it in to apple store they can run diagnostic and if needed replace the logic board.
    It use to take 2-3 days, much better then a week.

8. Chicane-UK macrumors 6502

Sorry about your issues.. just wanted to say Mighty Car Mods is awesome :)

9. NicktheNorse macrumors member

I only have the problem when running fullscreen video in Firefox. If i disable hardware acceleration in the browser, the problem goes away.

No problem with full screen video in Safari.

10. laura17 macrumors newbie

Just watched your video. Mine is doing the same thing and I am on #2. First one returned a bit over a week ago. 2nd one arrived Wed, I had a busy week so barely used it, haven't even set up email yet and it is doing it too. I have an appt tomorrow. I am so frustrated with this. I too took video (from first machine and now this one) and it is identical to your issue.

11. laura17 macrumors newbie

Just returned from genius bar. They took my computer, again and refunded it, putting amount on a gift card. I now will be ordering a 3rd one. Seriously thinking about waiting a week or two. I had multiple videos again and it put on quite a show for them when I was there, probably the worst one so far. Sounds like they are aware there is an issue but feel I have had rotten luck with two of them. Here's hoping this next one is ok! I would be interested to see what specs are on the machines that everyone has doing this. Both of mine were the same, a pretty loaded 13" upgraded pretty fully.

12. ewkid macrumors member

Thanks so much! This resolved my issue.