screen issue with my 6 plus!!!

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
do u think they will have enough iphone 6 pluses at the store in stock for me to replace? cus i want a brand new one if they r gonna replace it instead of the "refurbished" crap
It's too new. I doubt they have refurbished phones yet.

Replace it by phone then if you are worried. They will place a hold on your credit card for the full price of the new phone, and after you return the old one the hold comes off.

kels0119

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Cumming, Ga
do u think they will have enough iphone 6 pluses at the store in stock for me to replace? cus i want a brand new one if they r gonna replace it instead of the "refurbished" crap

How can they have refurbished crap? It's not even been long enough... Take it back and get a replacement. Pretty sure that they keep some aside. Guess it also depends on if it fits your set up (carrier, storage, color).

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2014
they do keep new phones for exchange like this, it usually comes in a smaller box but the phone itself is new

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
screen issue with my 6 plus!!!

I personally wouldn't want a refurbished phone if I'm exchanging my old, new phone, I would want another new one. As someone mentioned, purchase another at full price if they have them and return the other one. I don't know. Would work something out asap though, definitely not normal to see those lines.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
If they don't have new stock, they'll replace it with "refurbished," which right now is 100% brand new. They're considered "service" stock, for those people who have issues. In a few months time they'll be ACTUALLY refurbished, but right now? It'll be brand new. They come in a very thin white box (I saw one being swapped out).

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I personally wouldn't want a refurbished phone if I'm exchanging my old, new phone, I would want another new one. As someone mentioned, purchase another at full price if they have them and return the other one. I don't know. Would work something out asap though, definitely not normal to see those lines.
You won't get a refurbished phone when it is within the return window (14 days). And purchasing another phone is pointless and will cause a lot of issues. Apple will take care of the user.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
You won't get a refurbished phone when it is within the return window (14 days). And purchasing another phone is pointless and will cause a lot of issues. Apple will take care of the user.

Yeah makes sense. Well you know what I meant. OP should get it exchanged asap.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
Well this is just one unique issue. 4 million in sales in 24 hours and very few people have multiple complaints.
I don't know man this plus the bending plus I've seen some of the usual yellow screen stuff.

Just seems terrible. I've also heard a couple of people mention they had ops line issues.

I've personally had to go through apples QC with the iPad Air (no problems with 4s until far later) and I went through 3 with uneven back lights and yellowness until I gave up and got a refund.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Apple keeps replacements in stock for issues such as this. Either have it replaced or wait a short time (if you would like a later production run and don't mind the issue for a short time) and have it replaced then.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Why make a post when you should run back to the store to get it replaced? I don't get why so many lack common sense these days. Questions about stock, quantity, refurb vs. new would easily be resolved by a sales assoc. in about 20 seconds worth of conversation.

SMH...

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
It's way too early to receive a refurb unit as your replacement. The genius bar does set aside a few phones aside for replacement purposes and yes they are brand new ones. So I would not be concerned about receiving a refurb. Just keep on mind once you do get it replaced via Genius bar, you can no longer return the phone.

So I would suggest you wait until your 14 day is up (it's a possibility that apply have have some in stock in the mean time)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.