screen issue with my 6 plus!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derekdi, Sep 24, 2014.

1. derekdi macrumors member

i just got my iphone 6 plus today and i found out that the right half of my screen has lines all over it... :confused:

Attached Files:

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

3. accountforit macrumors 6502a

4. derekdi thread starter macrumors member

do u think they will have enough iphone 6 pluses at the store in stock for me to replace? cus i want a brand new one if they r gonna replace it instead of the "refurbished" crap

5. accountforit macrumors 6502a

It's too new. I doubt they have refurbished phones yet.

Replace it by phone then if you are worried. They will place a hold on your credit card for the full price of the new phone, and after you return the old one the hold comes off.

6. kels0119 macrumors member

kels0119

How can they have refurbished crap? It's not even been long enough... Take it back and get a replacement. Pretty sure that they keep some aside. Guess it also depends on if it fits your set up (carrier, storage, color).

7. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

they do keep new phones for exchange like this, it usually comes in a smaller box but the phone itself is new

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

screen issue with my 6 plus!!!

I personally wouldn't want a refurbished phone if I'm exchanging my old, new phone, I would want another new one. As someone mentioned, purchase another at full price if they have them and return the other one. I don't know. Would work something out asap though, definitely not normal to see those lines.

9. WilliamG macrumors G3

If they don't have new stock, they'll replace it with "refurbished," which right now is 100% brand new. They're considered "service" stock, for those people who have issues. In a few months time they'll be ACTUALLY refurbished, but right now? It'll be brand new. They come in a very thin white box (I saw one being swapped out).

10. Jspiegs macrumors member

Jspiegs

I heard something before release that they were having major issues with the plus screens. Must have passed QC.

11. bozzykid macrumors 68020

You won't get a refurbished phone when it is within the return window (14 days). And purchasing another phone is pointless and will cause a lot of issues. Apple will take care of the user.

12. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Yeah makes sense. Well you know what I meant. OP should get it exchanged asap.

13. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Oh my god what the hell is going on with apple?

They literally cannot get it together!

14. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well this is just one unique issue. 4 million in sales in 24 hours and very few people have multiple complaints.

15. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I don't know man this plus the bending plus I've seen some of the usual yellow screen stuff.

Just seems terrible. I've also heard a couple of people mention they had ops line issues.

I've personally had to go through apples QC with the iPad Air (no problems with 4s until far later) and I went through 3 with uneven back lights and yellowness until I gave up and got a refund.

16. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

Whatever happened to quality control. This is really appauling

17. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

18. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

I'm on to my second iPhone 6 Plus replacement recieved the phone today dead pixels.

19. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

This just becomes worse. Time to move production back home Apple. Enough of fauxcon

20. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Seems like Apple are rushing production on these phones to meet the demand.

21. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

Apple keeps replacements in stock for issues such as this. Either have it replaced or wait a short time (if you would like a later production run and don't mind the issue for a short time) and have it replaced then.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, take it back and get another one.

Agreed. All mass produced products create a few lemons.

23. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Why make a post when you should run back to the store to get it replaced? I don't get why so many lack common sense these days. Questions about stock, quantity, refurb vs. new would easily be resolved by a sales assoc. in about 20 seconds worth of conversation.

SMH...

24. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Try bending it a little

25. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It's way too early to receive a refurb unit as your replacement. The genius bar does set aside a few phones aside for replacement purposes and yes they are brand new ones. So I would not be concerned about receiving a refurb. Just keep on mind once you do get it replaced via Genius bar, you can no longer return the phone.

So I would suggest you wait until your 14 day is up (it's a possibility that apply have have some in stock in the mean time)