Screen Orientation stuck

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Since getting my iPhone 6, there have been numerous times when my screen orientation will not change when I rotate the phone. The only remedy is to restart the phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Yes I had this issue too on my 6 Plus. THis happened to me twice on 8.0.2 so I ended up downgrading back to 8.0 and so far so good. No issues with the orientation. I believe it's the software issue.

HolyGrail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Planet Earth
Since getting my iPhone 6, there have been numerous times when my screen orientation will not change when I rotate the phone. The only remedy is to restart the phone. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yup, happen to me once. Just have to wait until its fixed with an update.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
What happens when your screen orientation becomes stuck? Are you still able to move around the phone (go from app to app, use apps, et cetera), but just in a fixed orientation? I've run into a few problems where the orientation gets stuck, but only within apps; and then I just exit the app.

Also a strange thing happened in the YouTube app yesterday where I brought up the keyboard, and it was in landscape (and not the new 6 Plus landscape keyboard either, but an old school iPhone keyboard but stretched across the width of the screen), even though the rest of the app was in portrait mode.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I think it's a software issue.

I just locked my 6+ in landscape mode and I figure I'll unlock it only as necessary and just hope they fix it with the next software update.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 21, 2010
How'd you lock it in landscape? :eek:
He must mean portrait.

----------

What happens when your screen orientation becomes stuck? Are you still able to move around the phone (go from app to app, use apps, et cetera), but just in a fixed orientation? I've run into a few problems where the orientation gets stuck, but only within apps; and then I just exit the app.

Also a strange thing happened in the YouTube app yesterday where I brought up the keyboard, and it was in landscape (and not the new 6 Plus landscape keyboard either, but an old school iPhone keyboard but stretched across the width of the screen), even though the rest of the app was in portrait mode.
When it's stuck, it's in portrait. Nothing will rotate to landscape. Also, sometimes during FaceTime calls, I appear upside down to the person on the other end.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
How'd you lock it in landscape? :eek:
Argh. Sorry. Portrait!

----------

He must mean portrait.

----------

When it's stuck, it's in portrait. Nothing will rotate to landscape. Also, sometimes during FaceTime calls, I appear upside down to the person on the other end.
I did. And I'm a she. ;)

Mine gets stuck in landscape, if I don't keep it locked it portrait. It didn't do that until the 8.0.2 update.