Screen Orientation stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blorzoga, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Since getting my iPhone 6, there have been numerous times when my screen orientation will not change when I rotate the phone. The only remedy is to restart the phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes I had this issue too on my 6 Plus. THis happened to me twice on 8.0.2 so I ended up downgrading back to 8.0 and so far so good. No issues with the orientation. I believe it's the software issue.

3. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Yup, happen to me once. Just have to wait until its fixed with an update.

4. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

What happens when your screen orientation becomes stuck? Are you still able to move around the phone (go from app to app, use apps, et cetera), but just in a fixed orientation? I've run into a few problems where the orientation gets stuck, but only within apps; and then I just exit the app.

Also a strange thing happened in the YouTube app yesterday where I brought up the keyboard, and it was in landscape (and not the new 6 Plus landscape keyboard either, but an old school iPhone keyboard but stretched across the width of the screen), even though the rest of the app was in portrait mode.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think it's a software issue.

I just locked my 6+ in landscape mode and I figure I'll unlock it only as necessary and just hope they fix it with the next software update.

6. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

How'd you lock it in landscape? :eek:

7. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You just gotta love how many software bugs are in iOS 8 eh? :rolleyes:

8. Blorzoga thread starter macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

He must mean portrait.

----------

When it's stuck, it's in portrait. Nothing will rotate to landscape. Also, sometimes during FaceTime calls, I appear upside down to the person on the other end.

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Argh. Sorry. Portrait!

----------

I did. And I'm a she. ;)

Mine gets stuck in landscape, if I don't keep it locked it portrait. It didn't do that until the 8.0.2 update.

10. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm