Screen protector with a glass-like feel?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by oliboli, Mar 14, 2012.

1. oliboli macrumors member

Hey all, been shopping around for a screen protector while I wait for my new [and first!] iPad. One of the primary uses of this thing will be note-taking with an Adonit Jot. I read a few reviews for the Jot that mentioned light scratches on the screen and also an incompatibility with certain "grippy" protectors. I've tested mine on a variety of devices and it does not glide over my phone [outfitted with a BestSkinsEver protector].

So what I'm asking is - can anyone provide some first-hand experience regarding the "feel" of a few screen protectors? Particularly smooth, non-grippy ones. I'm looking at eventually getting the PowerSupport, but am hesitant to put that much money down without the confidence that it will mesh well with my Jot. Thanks!

2. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

They are making one...just not available yet.

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I have a PS antiglare and it feels just like its not there. I compared it side-by-side with my husband's iPad which has no protector and I couldn't tell any difference.

But I have no experience as to whether it will interfer with a stylus. If you do get one please post back as to your experience. I'm considering a stylus.

Thx

5. sparkhill macrumors regular

PowerSupport Crystal is very close to the look and feel of glass.

6. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

cant seem to preorder or access any details regarding powersupports stuff for the ipad 3.

7. KandyKane, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

KandyKane macrumors 6502

Is the screen size different for the new iPad? Can we use iPad2 screen protectors?

8. glen e macrumors 68030

9. trek360 macrumors 6502

I've got power support on my iPad and iPhone. In my opinion it's worth the money. You can barely tell its there. I have the anti glare on my iPad now but ordered the crystal for the new iPad to help preserve the crispness of the retinal display.

I've used the rocket fish stylus on my iPad and it's worked fine. But I've just done basic note taking with note taker hd app. The screen protector has not been an issue as far as I can tell.

10. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

I got the Steinheil Crystal for my iPhone4 and I HATE it. Shows fingerprints so badly that I spend way too much time cleaning and it's only the iPhone. A larger display would be even worse.

I have the PS Anti-Glare on my iPad and iPad 2. Love it.

11. LittleRedBird macrumors member

I use the Power Support Crystal films on all of my iOS devices. Love them! They do not detract from the clarity and feel the closest to glass.

12. oliboli thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Seems like PowerSupport Crystal is the way to go. I don't think screen sizes or layouts have changed between versions, but I'll wait for reviews from users who installed the iPad 2 protector on their new iPad.

13. trek360 macrumors 6502

The iPad 2 ps crystal worked fine with my new iPad.

14. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

Where are you guys ordering the powersupport from? Their site doesn't seem to work for me when I try to order one.

15. donnaw macrumors 65816

http://www.powersupportusa.com/

This is the USA site. I ordered from here with no issues.

16. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

Thanks for the link! I just realized however that it says "Coming Soon" for the new iPad. Hence why it wasn't working lmao..

17. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Anyone using Incipio's Plex Screen Protector? Do you recommend it?

18. donnaw macrumors 65816

The ipad2 protectors fit perfectly if you can't wait. I don't know if they are coming out with new material or not though. I can't see why they would put off protectors for the new iPads due just for the fit.

19. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

The new Zagg HD shields are pretty nice they now have the glass like feel. I have one on 3rd gen right now.

20. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Can you tell a difference with the new HD Zagg as opposed to the regular non HD Invisibleshields?

21. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

Absolutely I had the original Zagg on my iPad 2 and the sort of tacky feel is gone.

22. rdiz17 macrumors member

I bought a cheapo eBay screen protector and not only does it fit perfectly but it is clear like a SGP or PS and doesn't have any rainbow artifacts when you look at it from angles. I stopped buying PS protectors since they are insanely overpriced. I have a SGP olephobic on my phone, but I even got that on eBay for a good deal.

23. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I had the Power Support HD-Anti glare on my iPad 2 and loved it. It was very good and not showing finger prints but the thing I liked most about it was that it was super "slippery". My fingers always glided across the screen. Compared to cheaper anti-glare protectors like the Wrighright etc., there was no graininess or rainbow effect.

Now, I've got to get a new screen protector for my iPad 3 so I'm shopping again. I hate it when my fingers don't glide smoothly so I wanted to get something as soon as possible. Rather than wait for Power Support, I picked up a Wrapsol from Walmart. While it did install easily and all bubbles are gone after 24 hours, it is not the slippery feel I want and you can see slight waviness in large areas of white colors.

I guess I'll leave it on there until Power support is ready. I just wanted to let people know that if your looking for the slippery glass feel like the original poster, the Wrapsol is not what you want.

24. lindend, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

lindend macrumors newbie

How clear is it? Did it impact the picture quality?

Also, why did you go with Zagg over Power Support Crystal?

25. spaghetti head macrumors member

Is the new as difficult to put on as the older one is (was)?