Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Just placed an order for the clear hd armorsuit screen protector for my incoming series 44mm series 4! I had their screen protector on my Series 3 for a whole year and it’s been fantastic at protecting the display. Gotta have one for my Series 4! It is hard to apply but once applied it stays there

Last edited:

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Does anyone know when Zagg will be releasing screen protectors? I usually go with their plastic ones versus the glass ones and have never been disappointed. Reluctant to open my new 44 SBSS until I put a protector on it

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Just placed an order for the clear hd armorsuit screen protector for my incoming series 44mm series 4! I had their screen protector on my Series 3 for a whole year and it’s been fantastic at protecting the display. Gotta have one for my Series 4! It is hard to apply but once applied it stays there

Is the armorsuit screenprotector water resistant meaning if I wash my watch after workout to rinse off will the water make the screen protector peel off?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Yes it is water resistant and can get wet, it’s also self healing from scratches, a true top notch protector, it’s hard to Apply but once it’s on it’s locked in, never had an issue with any corner lifting up or any such issues and I’ve used their protector on every Apple Watch generation till this day, the nature of my profession has to do with abrasives that can scratch sapphire so for me a screen protector is a must even though it’s a sapphire glass display on the SS Model.
Is the armorsuit screenprotector water resistant meaning if I wash my watch after workout to rinse off will the water make the screen protector peel off?

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 418

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal

You had no issues with it staying on that long? I used to use one on my series 0, but it got to the point they started peeling up after just a couple of weeks and looks like crap.... so I ended up not using them anymore. now that I've spent nearly $1K on a stainless version... i'm thinking i'd like a protector on it... but not if it's going to peel and have to be replaced every 2 weeks!

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
You had no issues with it staying on that long? I used to use one on my series 0, but it got to the point they started peeling up after just a couple of weeks and looks like crap.... so I ended up not using them anymore. now that I've spent nearly $1K on a stainless version... i'm thinking i'd like a protector on it... but not if it's going to peel and have to be replaced every 2 weeks!
You must have not applied it properly, Mine stayed on til the last day(when I sold the watch I took the protector off) which was about a year.

You gotta make sure to Apply plenty of the liquid to the corners and the entire protector’s adhesive size and squeez all excess liquids out(that’s what makes the protector stick to the glass)

Again, these protectors are very hard to Apply and I myself usually mess the first one up(you get two in the box), aligning the protector propery is hard and of course keeping dust out of the bottom of the protector to create a bubble free application.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
View attachment 788839

I installed it properly now and it looks really good - I contacted customer support and they said it isn’t meant to go to the edge. They said they are making a new one that will and will send it when it’s available. See new picture.

The armorsuit ones are the best protectors out there for the Apple Watch, why didn’t you order these?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I received the armorsuit screen protector for my SS 44mm Series 4 last night after a week of waiting for it to arrive (I didn’t use the watch until I installed the protector), it adhered well, I let it dry overnight and it’s good to go. It’s a must have for me and I used the armorsuit protectors on every Apple Watch gen. The nature of my work has to do with abrasive materials therefore A screen protector to protect the sapphire watchface is a must, I could care less about the SS Body scratching up but I’d like to keep the watchface flawless and this screen protector does just that. Can’t even tell it’s installed. I will say this again though, it is very hard to install but once it’s installed It’s there to stay!

Attachments

• 54B52384-FECD-419A-B75A-1002477E22D4.jpeg
    54B52384-FECD-419A-B75A-1002477E22D4.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 297

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I received the armorsuit screen protector for my SS 44mm Series 4 last night after a week of waiting for it to arrive (I didn’t use the watch until I installed the protector), it adhered well, I let it dry overnight and it’s good to go. It’s a must have for me and I used the armorsuit protectors on every Apple Watch gen. The nature of my work has to do with abrasive materials therefore A screen protector to protect the sapphire watchface is a must, I could care less about the SS Body scratching up but I’d like to keep the watchface flawless and this screen protector does just that. Can’t even tell it’s installed. I will say this again though, it is very hard to install but once it’s installed It’s there to stay!

Looks great! I too am also impressed with the IQ Shield I received. Almost don't see its even there. I was a bit disappointed about it not going all the way to the edges. I e-mailed them and they are sending a newer version that apparently goes right to the edge. I will keep you guys updated when I receive it.

Reactions: Benz63amg

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Installed Armorsuit last night it wasn't as difficult but hardest part was alignment since it's very hard to see the edge when it's wet but came out good. Although I'm not sure I'll like this in the long term, you can see junk started to accumulate on the edge of the protector. And it doesn't quite go all the way to the screen so I can feel the edge when I swipe. I only use it because of IonX glass if it's Sapphire crystal I wouldn't put this on. I had SBSS Watch screen was perfect after yrs of use. Damn, now I'm thinking of going back to Sapphire crystal.

upload_2018-9-28_8-42-20.png

upload_2018-9-28_8-41-57.png

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Installed Armorsuit last night it wasn't as difficult but hardest part was alignment since it's very hard to see the edge when it's wet but came out good. Although I'm not sure I'll like this in the long term, you can see junk started to accumulate on the edge of the protector. And it doesn't quite go all the way to the screen so I can feel the edge when I swipe. I only use it because of IonX glass if it's Sapphire crystal I wouldn't put this on. I had SBSS Watch screen was perfect after yrs of use. Damn, now I'm thinking of going back to Sapphire crystal.

View attachment 790046
View attachment 790045

Looks great, Its a must on an Ion-X Glass, every AW I owned thus far has been the SS Model with sapphire display and I would never switch to anything other than the sapphire version, what made you downgrade?

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Looks great, Its a must on an Ion-X Glass, every AW I owned thus far has been the SS Model with sapphire display and I would never switch to anything other than the sapphire version, what made you downgrade?

Didn't want to pay for LTE which I don't plan on activating and resale value.

Did you ever try to clean on the edge of the screen protector? I'm afraid lint and hair will build up overtime wish there's a way to clean it. I might try to use some tape to pull off lint but it might lift the protector.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Didn't want to pay for LTE which I don't plan on activating and resale value.

Did you ever try to clean on the edge of the screen protector? I'm afraid lint and hair will build up overtime wish there's a way to clean it. I might try to use some tape to pull off lint but it might lift the protector.

Yes i have and no you will not lift the protector by cleaning the edges, don’t do it just yet since the protector was just applied last night, it needs a day or two to cure and fully adhere to the display but trust me once it’s adhered it's there to stay, armorsuit is the best screen protector for the AW and I used it on the original Apple Watch, Series 2 , Series 3 and now on the Series 4, I never had a single corner lift or any problems with it. They are very hard to apply initially but they are so worth it for the piece of mind.

As far as the price, I don’t need the LTE either but I couldn’t get anything other than the gorgeous stainless steel model.(cost me 750+tax)

EOB

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I also purchased an ArmorSuit screen protector... wasted my first one and installed wrong... got dust under it.

Second time was the charm and I am happy with the way it came out. Was thinking of ordering the full body too, just to try it out.

Attachments

• BDE28463-27C8-4D94-9D8E-1B499FDC61FF.jpeg
    BDE28463-27C8-4D94-9D8E-1B499FDC61FF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 275
  • 5B273EBA-8041-44FA-8A7B-B3F8C0A2F2F3.jpeg
    5B273EBA-8041-44FA-8A7B-B3F8C0A2F2F3.jpeg
    897.2 KB · Views: 267
  • BE75AC98-133A-4073-BBF0-2FFD87693120.jpeg
    BE75AC98-133A-4073-BBF0-2FFD87693120.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
  • B6D570B9-4413-4B57-AA7C-71FE9B2F8B78.jpeg
    B6D570B9-4413-4B57-AA7C-71FE9B2F8B78.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 269
Reactions: Benz63amg

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I took off the armorsuit protector feeling the edge when swiping was bothering so I bought stainless steel watch instead.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I also purchased an ArmorSuit screen protector... wasted my first one and installed wrong... got dust under it.

Second time was the charm and I am happy with the way it came out. Was thinking of ordering the full body too, just to try it out.

Looks great!
[doublepost=1538405500][/doublepost]
Looks great! I too am also impressed with the IQ Shield I received. Almost don't see its even there. I was a bit disappointed about it not going all the way to the edges. I e-mailed them and they are sending a newer version that apparently goes right to the edge. I will keep you guys updated when I receive it.

I received the new IQ Shield. It almost covers the whole display - much better coverage! Very Happy now!

See picture

IMG_0054.jpg

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I've still got a Spigen protector on my 42mm Space Grey S0 Watch and it has lasted really well!

I have a SS SB 44mm arriving this month so I don't think I will bother with screen protectors this time around (I also have Apple Care with this).

Regarding the wet install type protectors, these ALWAYS end up peeling up at the corners as over time, this is where lint will most likely accumulate so will end up lifting the corners no matter how good the install is. I also hate the rubbery feel of these types of screen shields as your finger will tend to drag across the screen when you swipe instead of a smooth glide!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.