Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gallinger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Canada
I just finished installing these apps. clearly you know which ones haha. I actually made the MSN icon myself in photoshop.

Attachments

• foo_0.png
    foo_0.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 185

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
Ive got to wait until the amazing haxors make an interface that would allow me to add 3rd party apps and icons to springboard without all the command line stuff... its all just too complicated for me - I dont even understand half the terminology.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Nice pics guys! It's great to see how much progress is being made in bringing third party apps to this phone. Not to mention, they're very useful.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Here's mine:

screenshot.png

I plan to do a lot more to it once I get my MacBook Pro. Right now I only have access to a Windows box and I don't feel like bricking my iPhone with Windows. :rolleyes:

The carrier logo images are stored in /System/CoreServices/Springboard.app/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png ... obviously the above user changed his back to cingular. As you can see, I changed mine to :apple:iPhone. :)

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
so these hack apps allow you to customize the icons, and add new apps?

i havent researched any hacks yet, for fear of killing the phone.

things like green signal bars, custom banners, custom icons.....? not all photochops?

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
You won't lose warranty. Just restore it, it goes back to brand new factory settings, no way to tell if its ever modified.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
You can't brick your iPhone doing this. I've tried. I deleted every file on the phone. Nothing happens. Restore fixes it no matter what.

By the way, I just got sftp configured correctly. Now all I do is drag and drop files using an SFTP client such as Cyberduck. So much easier than iPHUC! If you do it, just make sure you change the root password ...

picture1zn2.png

gallinger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Canada
I was really afraid to try it at first. But now im really happy with it. Once you have the application's installed on ur Mac or Pc, Its pretty easy to do!

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Only thing that will get old about modifying is you have to do it every update, because it will have to be restored. Good thing Apple doesn't update often. Maybe there will be solution to bypass the file check soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.