Screwed by Fedex

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TodVader, Sep 19, 2008.

1. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I was supposed to receive my iPod Touch today before 6PM. I took my whole afternoon waiting for it to come since it was out for delivery. Later, at 6:00, I refresh my tracking to see:

Sep 19, 2008 5:15 PM

Delivery exception

QUEBEC, PQ

Customer not available or business closed

I call fedex, and she tells me they "came" at 5:15 but I wasn't there. They now say that it will come on the 22th before 5:30.I told her this was unacceptable since I was there and they lied about coming here. I talked to a manager and he agreed that the guy probably didn't want to come here and just said "ill come back monday".

He will investigate the matter and call me back next week for some kind of compensation. I told him I didn't really want compensation but I was just pissed at the laziness of that employe who decided I wouldn't get my Ipod today.

The manager was pissed and told me it was unacceptable that a FEDEX employe would do that since they are all about being fast and efficient.

I hope that dude gets fired. If he worked at my business, he would be fired or at least suspended without salary.

/rant

2. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I've had the exact same thing happen with Fedex, UPS, and USPS. One time I actually saw USPS come up to my mail box and and leave my mail. When I went down to the mail box I found a card that said they tried to deliver the item which clearly wasn't the case. I've worked with UPS in the past and those guys are under immense pressure to get a large amount of deliveries done in a small amount of time so the only thing I can assume is that they sometimes skip houses and say the people weren't home just to make their "quota". I'm not making excuses for them, your stuff should have been delivered, just trying to give some insight into what likely happened.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

You could drive down to the distribution center to pick up the package yourself. And they should give you something for your troubles, like $20 to cover the gas to drive down there.

It sucks, but at least you'd get your iPod.

ft

4. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

If there would have been a problem like customs, I would have understood but it really makes me sick that the laziness of a Fedex employe makes me have to wait until monday. I had all my apps ready and was exited that it was coming today!:confused::mad::apple:

5. MySaturdaySelf macrumors member

my personal experience is UPS >>> Fedex

I found they usually come to my area at around noon time so i only need to wait at that time or let them drop it at the apartment office. I got my ipod touch today at 11:40am.

They also have service contract with a major chinese website which I can buy textbooks and got them in three or four days. These books are far more cheaper than those in US, and even including shipping, i save 50-70% of the money. woohoo:D

6. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

She asked if I wanted to go but it's 2 hours away so 4 hours of road!

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have to agree that for personal deliveries UPS and DHL are much better than FedEx. They bought all those other delivery companies, but can't integrate them into a unified corporate structure.

The USPS thing is that if you have a mail box and they are walking mailmen, it is their discretion and if they think you are home, they are to try to deliver it to you, otherwise they leave the note. Or if you live on a rural route (where they drive up to your mailbox and load the box from their window) then they are supposed to honk their horn and if they don't see someone in a reasonable amount of time, they leave the note and drive on. My Post Office actually got enough complaints, since the entire city is serviced by rural routes, that they sent out a special alternate delivery sheet to indicate where they are to leave your packages when they come by and no ones home.

OP - It could be worse, it could have come by Canada Post. You'll be getting your pension before it is delivered.

TEG

8. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I had that happen to me with UPS, he never stopped and had a video, I have security system, he was fired!

They want to go home early :(

9. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

Well it is quebec so the guy probably just didnt want to drive through all the snow, thats all

10. gleaner macrumors newbie

I thought there isn't any snow in the summer months. :rolleyes:

Well, I live in YVR and the same thing happened to me. Luckily I live 10 mins from the delivery centre so I call and went there to get the package.

I was not happy. But I didn't want to get too emotionally involved with the people there. After all, that will ruin my joy of getting the new iPod Touch. And I don't want to get a stroke.

11. phoobo macrumors regular

Why not just....

....ask them to Fedex it to you?

Oh wait...

12. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I had the same deal happen to me. Fedex supposedly was bringing something. no tag on the door - I had been home all day - I finally check their site and it says he had just been here. I opened the door and looked at the snow - no tracks whatsoever.

I called in and let them have it. I hate stuff like that. I waited around all day on them, and then they noshow? I hope the guy got fired, but I have no idea.

13. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I was polite. She was very comprehensive and pissed too. Themanager wasn't happy at all either. I hope he get's fired. I waited from 1pm to 5pm, my wife was here from morning to 2pm with my daughter. No tag whatsoever, nothing. I "hope" that "delivery" guy is enjoying his weekend before going to his boss's office.

BTW, it's 25 Celsius outside and I was drinking a cold beer on the balcony waiting for the FEDEX dude after a week of hard work!

14. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

This is why I have everything sent to the office now. I've found fed ex hits up businesses downtown first thing in the morning anyways.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'll be shocked if there is any such compensation for this happening.

Around here it works rather well. If the FedEx driver reports the customer was not at the delivery location then there best be a door tag. If there is no door tag then the FedEx driver never showed up. This has happened to me and after weeding my way through a series of people who simply could not understand this concept I will always manage to get someone who is halfway competent. Again, on the no door tag no show theory, FedEx has often tracked my package to the point where I would be able to pick it up at a depot that night. Sure, it botches whatever plans I may have had and it is a drive for me, but usually the FedEx driver gets into trouble. The last time a FedEx driver decided to return to the depot with all the undeliverable packages he left the truck loaded in the lot with a lock on it. This is a huge violation and he was let go the next day.

I can see how you'd be pissed, but in the end there's not much you can do about it now. At least you're not writing to say the FedEx driver stole your iPod.

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I can understand that you're upset, but you really want someone fired just because they were lazy and didn't deliver your iPod?

17. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

If I had my entire weekend based around enjoying that new iPod, AND I came home from work extra early especially for it, I'd be pretty upset, to say the least.

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

OP, sorry to hear that it didn't show up.

In the past, I've had numerous times when things like this occurred. So now I never plan on something arriving by a certain date. Eliminates a lot of stress.

19. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

While you can definitely pick it up at the distribution center they will give you no compensation. (Businesses just cant hand out any money)

Ive had this happen with every shipping carrier out there. Its very frustrating and unacceptable in my opinion as they are frauding two people.

20. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Yes. If he'd work at my office (it's my own business), he'd be fired instantly. Laziness is a big NO when you work for me. My employes are all competent people that deserve their job and $$. I pay well but don't break that trust or you'll be gone in an instant.

21. dannyar macrumors 6502

Shows you shouldnt prepare your whole week and plans around a simple ipod...

22. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that one.

23. bobertoq macrumors 6502a

You should sent a formal complaint to that Fedex's manager/owner and the headquaters. I hate it when companies do things like this. Wells Fargo has scammed someone I know out of thousands of dollars, and the government/police have ignored a case that should have been solved.

Edit: I see you called Fedex. Well I hope you get your iPod Touch soon.

24. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I didn't prepare no weekend or week for an iPod. I always organize my week to finish at noon on fridays. I have stuff to do, i'd just like my iPod. It's not a matter of having the iPod or not, it's a matter of a FEDEX employe who decided that the delivery of a package was to be pushed back 3 more days when it clearly should have arrived friday.

I HATE laziness. If I had an employe who sucked like that, he'd be so FIRED (With a big smile on my face telling him to GTFO my office).

I might be rude with dumb-asses like that, but my employes all love working here.

BTW I only fired 1 guy in over 10 years; with a smile on my face :D

25. bobmacgolf macrumors newbie

It might be worse...

I had my laptop stolen so I ordered a replacement. We were going away but since they needed a signature, I figured they would just try to deliver and bring it back to the depot for a pickup.

Well not exactly.

My son was checking on the house and found my new iPod between the door and the screen door. The note on their website indicated someone had "signed" for it.

A few days later, my sister in law saw a truck leaving our house. She decided to check and found my 2K laptop between the doors.

The manager said it was a "mixup" but he never apologised. :-(

Bob