SE or 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Aug 28, 2016.

?

Which would ya get

1. SE

44 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. 6s plus

55 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I have both and I realize one is a baby beast and the other is a phablet beast but curious how this board feels :)

..Not creating a neither option or iPhone 7 or 6s option either this is a "if you had to go with one" hypothetical poll

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Well I bought an iPhone SE and don't like the 6 series at all, so I guess that answers that question. ;)

3. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Loved my 5s but the form factor is very limited in this day and age to be honest. It seems like a huge sacrifice. I went from 5s to 6 to 6S plus so my opinion may be biased lol.

4. ccrunner_tj macrumors member

ccrunner_tj

After using the 6S Plus, the SE/5S size just seems like a children's toy. Never wanna go smaller again!

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

The question is which you prefer. Every answer is biased. :p

6. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

The screen is also not as vibrant in my opinion. I'm also not a small guy ha, 6'2 and the 5S does indeed feel like a toy.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I also have both. But I prefer the SE due to the size. The 6s Plus is to large for daily carry in my opinion. Both great phones and completely different.

8. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Opposite here the SE is too small for daily usage for me, the iPhone 6 + I use everyday and it works like a charm with videos, browsing the web. Could never go back to a 4 inch size again.

9. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I have an SE, and I quite enjoy it. It's the perfect size, and having flagship specs in a small, easily pocketable phone is wonderful. For the record, I'm 6'1" and have fairly large hands, but I still prefer the smaller phone.

10. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Interesting, the SE form factor makes me cringe after using the 6S Plus for so long.

11. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

This choice is too extreme for me. I would be choosing between the SE and the 6S. For me, yes the SE display will be on the small side at times, but the 6S plus is just plain too large to carry around as a phone, in my opinion.

12. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

13. Kingofclouds macrumors member

Kingofclouds

Different use cases....for me SE is perfect daily driver, especially as I live in the Middle East and so its more convenient to carry a small phone in a hot climate (lack of pockets). I miss the big display of the Plus though, but as a primary device it didn't suit me because of its awkward size and more notably greater weight.

14. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

If only Apple made a third option that was in between these two extremes...

15. ccrunner_tj macrumors member

ccrunner_tj

One other thing to consider is the lack of 3D touch on the SE. Many features in iOS 10 really make good use of it, and I suspect 3D touch will serve to make the 6S/Plus more future proof down the line.

16. GrumpyMom Suspended

GrumpyMom

SE if I can have only one. It is small enough to be with me most of my waking hours. Love it. I know that my purchasing a Note 7 and showing such enthusiasm for it has some people on this forum thinking I don't like Apple anymore but no...I still have my SE and still have my iPad mini. Mini is not going anywhere. SE is not going anywhere. They are reliable workhorses. The SE has so much power, reliability and ability when I need it.

But I definitely have a use case for a phablet, too. Initially I did not predict this would be the case, but over time it became apparent. SE is too small to do some time managing and lifestyle app work comfortably. iPad mini, as small as it is, can be too much to leave the house with at times. I travel for kids sports events and as a result I have to carry so much sometimes that iPads seem heavy, but then I have downtime during these travels where I want to use a screen bigger than the SE's. I went with Note 7 for the phablet functions. My 6SPlus did well for this niche use but I did want the S Pen functionality, their wider angle camera, and I did want to learn a new OS for many reasons.

I love Android very much so far, but if Apple ever comes out with a phablet that uses a refined version of Apple Pencil, I would be very interested in trying it out.

17. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

Do you want a lightweight 4" phone or a heavier 5.5" phone ?

18. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

I love the idea of the SE, but I need a bigger screen. I'll be going + sized from here on out.

19. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

I'm a big old ogre with giant monster hands so really the 6s+ is love. Phablets were the development I needed for smartphones to actually be useful for me and not annoying to use.

I heartily recommend this phone that is more powerful than the last computer I owned and can do virtually anything I might imagine.

20. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Wow. It's pretty evenly split between Apple's top of the line iPhone and their "budget" iPhone.

21. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I had a 6S plus but changed to an SE and couldn't be happier, so my answer would be the SE :)

22. Azzurro macrumors regular

23. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

You mean 2014 model... If
    We're gonna roll that way? Based on cosmetics/form factor ;)

24. Azzurro macrumors regular

Yup. You are right. ;)