Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
What's with all these replies suggesting that the OP's parents will be "understanding" of the engraving since it's a gift??? Since when has anyone been cool with a gift that has someone else's name ENGRAVED on it? Wtf?

And to the guy who said buyers owe sellers "common courtesy", news flash: buyers don't owe sellers anything except to pay for the item. We don't have to pay promptly, we don't have to respond to your emails, we don't have to leave feedback, we don't have to do jack ****. If you don't like how eBay works now, don't sell there.

And thats why buyers like you ruin what could be otherwise a nice experience even when things go wrong. Honestly, if thats how you pay for stuff in the real world, I feel sorry for anyone who crosses monetary paths with you.

Jeez, now I understand the mentality of people who basically have no tact and feel they are so superior because they are spending money with you.

Id say YOU don't know how eBay, or society, works...but then you'd just rant more and I'd be laughing a lot harder than I am now.

To the OP, if $100 is worth it for you...go for it, slap a case on it or whatever ITS YOUR CHOICE! Its also your choice to say "eff it" and return it, because that is your right.

The guy above acting like its his right to be a complete ignorant nut...thats now how you do it.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
What's with all these replies suggesting that the OP's parents will be "understanding" of the engraving since it's a gift??? Since when has anyone been cool with a gift that has someone else's name ENGRAVED on it? Wtf?

And to the guy who said buyers owe sellers "common courtesy", news flash: buyers don't owe sellers anything except to pay for the item. We don't have to pay promptly, we don't have to respond to your emails, we don't have to leave feedback, we don't have to do jack ****. If you don't like how eBay works now, don't sell there.

Whoa. Note to self, don't buy anything, eBay or not, from this guy.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
As a parent, I would like to know the story. And unless you are swimming in money I would appreciate ) the thought of the expensive gift in the first place 2) the fact the you saved some money, 3) that you put a case/ skin on it.

It depends on your relationship with your parents and THEIR attitude towards things. Many parents would be appreciative of the fact that you saved some money especially since you did not purposely do it. So my advicce is - ask them. And if the money is not that important take them out to a nice dinner too.

thesiren

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
outer space
And thats why buyers like you ruin what could be otherwise a nice experience even when things go wrong. Honestly, if thats how you pay for stuff in the real world, I feel sorry for anyone who crosses monetary paths with you.

Jeez, now I understand the mentality of people who basically have no tact and feel they are so superior because they are spending money with you.

Id say YOU don't know how eBay, or society, works...but then you'd just rant more and I'd be laughing a lot harder than I am now.

The guy above acting like its his right to be a complete ignorant nut...thats now how you do it.

First of all, see signature. Second of all, I used to be a power seller on eBay a few years ago before all the massive changes and ridiculous fee's came into effect. Back then eBay rewarded us for our sales, stellar feedback and customer service. Paypal actually "investigated" disputes and didn't cater to fraudulent, unreasonable buyers looking to scam. We didn't need incentives to go above and beyond for our buyers, we did it because we loved the experience and were thankful for the business. Now sellers operate on fear; fear of DSR's, fear of negative feedback, fear of fraudulent chargebacks and Paypal claims, fear of buyers saying they "never received" an item when they really did. eBay has completely tainted what used to be a great community, and turned us all against each other. Sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback?? What kind of balance is that? Buyers know they have sellers by the balls and that's just how it is now. So anyone who still sells on eBay, knows exactly what they're getting into. Lowered expectations is the name of the game. After 10+ years of ******** on each other, we're all angry, disgruntled, resentful and it's a recipe for malcontent.

Whoa. Note to self, don't buy anything, eBay or not, from this guy.

See signature.

According to their profile, they are not male. But, not female either perhaps since they don't specify.

;)

Funny. Never heard of male sirens before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.