Search all threads does not bring most recent replied thread to top

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dukebound85, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

It used to. Now when I search all of my threads for activity, i have no idea which have been participated in lately as they no longer shoot to the top.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I was just going into this forum to post the same thing.

To be more specific, I use this search:
    Code:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?do=process&starteronly=0&searchuser=YourUsernameHere&exactname=1
    but it's showing results in a somewhat random order as opposed to how it was, in order of recent replies. It's a very helpful way to search so I hope it's easy enough to fix.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Actually, it's fixed for me; the threads are listed based on my last posting, as opposed to the last post in any thread I've posted in.

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Same here, as well as time-limiting post searches (all posts or threads within the past year, month, etc.) doesn't work.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

In addition to this I posted to a thread at 12:30 PM EST but if you view the forum index it showed the poster above me as the last post, which was 35 minutes prior to mine. Something is not pulling fast enough.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Aaaah, I miss it! I had forgotten how difficult it can be to keep with with things around here without that search.

10. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Nope. I just searched your posts for this one and it doesn't show up. This shows to be your most current post in the list.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I got the post he posted here. Delay?

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yep, it's still delayed. It shows up now, but not for a minute or two.

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It's not working for me. It's still just displaying them in [what I think is] the order in which I replied to each thread instead of from the latest reply, like it used to.

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

One of your searches is malfunctioning

The other thread on this topic indicated the problem was being looked into but when I went to bump it to ask if anything was happening, the thread was missing. :confused:

The once extremely useful search below doesn't seem to be functioning properly:

Code:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?do=process&starteronly=0&searchuser=Username&exactname=1
    It's the search that looks for every thread you (or the user you indicate) has/have ever posted in and arranges the results in order of their most recent replies. Only it's not doing that any more. It's ordering them by the time the user last posted in them, not by the recent replies of the thread.

I really hope this can be solved. I can't be the only one who uses that search and finds it very helpful for keeping up with a busy forum.

edit: CRAP! I found the thread. I don't know how I missed it. :eek:

16. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

You didn't search! :D

17. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Sorry to be a pest but can anyone at least tell me if this is something that is on the list to get fixed? It's a real pain catching up without it. :eek:

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

20. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Just wanted to chime in and say I noticed this recently too. I'm curious as to what could cause this? A buggy vBulletin® update?

I always go to advanced search then search my username. Now I can't keep track of threads I posted in for replies. Subscribing just generates a lot more work to keep track of threads and some of the threads can go for months in between posts.:(

21. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

*tap tap tap* this thing on?

Can anyone answer about this? It's really frustrating trying to keep track without this functioning as it should.

22. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

I agree

I have noticed it not working as well as I thought when I stated it was working again

I hope it gets fixed

23. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I believe arn's response when I last brought it up to him was "hmm". Sorry I can't be of more help than that. :(

24. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Bugger! :( Well thanks for replying anyway. I was wondering if any godly types were reading this thread any more.

If it's any help at all it's just displaying them from the last time you (searched poster) posted in each thread instead of when the thread was last replied to. It must have happened right around the first post date [Feb 24th] because I start each MR session with this search and noticed it right away. Damn I miss it! :eek:

25. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I know this is probably not high on your priority list but is this really hopeless? I just don't understand how a search that once worked now suddenly doesn't and no one can figure it out. :confused: