Searched and Cannot find help with Jailbreaking, Plese HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mz100, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

OK, I have looked on here and all over the internet.

I am not a complete Noob, but if you give me precise directions I will follow them.

I just bought an iPhone 4 from my friend, it was on version 4.02 (which i Know cannot be Jailbroken) with Baseband 1.59.00.

He reset all content and settings and took his sim out, there for the phone itself is stuck on the connect to iTunes screen.

Now, I know that 4.1 can be JB using greenpois0n or Limera1n, however I want to unlock it so want to keep the 1.59.00 baseband.

I found something called "tinyUmbrella" which apparently updates your iPhone 4 to 4.1 without updating the baseband.

I did everything right except when I went to itunes it said their is no sim card in the iPhone you are trying to activate, please insert simcard.
    So i cannot, restore the iPhone as it says in the instructions.

should I try and downgrade to IOS 4.01? will this keep my current baseband?

I know NOT to update.

Could someone please give me a link or be kind enough to get my iPhone working, (or Hacktivated) on any 4.0 OS.
    It does not have to be 4.1, as long as I can use it without it getting stuck on the connect to itunes screen i will be good.
    As long as someone can help me keep the 1.59.00 baseband that will let me unlock, I am happy.

Unfortunetly, my friend, like I is from Chicago, but I bought the iPhone from him this weekend, and i go to school in Bloomington, IN. None of my friends here have the iPhone 4, So I cannot borrow a sim card to try the tiny umbrella method.

I have a windows 7 laptop btw, and can use a friends MAC.

What is the best thing to do??

*EDIT*
    Just found out my friend has an iPhone 4, if I were to downgrade to 4.01 successfully, and put his sim in my iPhone 4 when it is off, and turn it back on, will I have to connect to iTunes to activate it, or can I simply go to Jailbreakme.com and JB my iPhone, and then give him his Sim back??

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Your not going to be able to downgrade to 4.0.1 if you don't have your SHSH blobs backed up via cydia. Why not use your friends SIM or go to AT&T and pick up a SIM. Any AT&T SIM will work and it doesn't need to be an active one. Once you have a SIM restore to 4.1 while using TU to preserver your BB.

3. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

This ^^

Activate the phone and follow these instructions

Just be aware the newest TU looks a little different but works the same way.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What he said ^