Second hand macpro- beginner!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by thaired, May 3, 2011.

1. thaired macrumors newbie

Hi
    A friend of mine has offered to sell me his macbook pro and i am considering it. However I know very little and have only had dell laptops in the past.

It is a 13'' duo core 2.4gh ddr3 ram with 320gb . He will also give me mac office. He is asking for €800.

Im wondering if this is worth the money as it is the duo core and my Dell has the i7 technology. To be honest I dont even know what this means. I just want a decent laptop that will not be slow and outdated in a year!
    I would be using it for work-im a teacher.

Any advice would be great thanks!!

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

You could get a brand new 2011 MBP for not much more then that. I would get that.

3. MacSince1985 macrumors regular

You're in the Mac Pro forum. You may get better info in the Macbook Pro forum.

Your friend's price seems a bit high to me.

4. highdefw macrumors 6502

The current MBPs are extremely fast. I recommend going for that, even the baseline model.

5. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

a new macbook pro is 999 in england. you are a teacher you may get a 50 or 100 discount. go into a store and get a new one. also ask the moderator to move this to macbook pro forum.

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

His asking price is too high. As others have pointed out, you can get a much better one completely new for not much more than he wants for his used one. In fact, if you wait for a refurbished one direct from Apple, you can get really close to his price and still get a much better current model.