Secondary display

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nicolasdec, May 1, 2007.

1. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I have a Second monitor attached to my MacBook Pro Core Duo Thru The DVI port is there any program that will let me use that secondary display as a media centre or front row. And use my apple remote to control it.

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

3. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Is there any other way. i whould love an app or something.

4. gavd macrumors 6502a

I don't know of any, but it's not something I've really looked at. I just searched on Google to see what it came up with and that looked a reasonable solution.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Try System Preferences, Display, drag the menubar to the second monitor. That might help.

6. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I Tryed that. when i open front row the macbook pro's screen goes black. but i can see front row on the secondary display.

7. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

No, you cannot use Front Row and your desktop at the same time. If you really have to do that, you'll want to look at what third-party options might offer. Of course, if you're going to be using your computer while watching a movie or something, why not just get VLC player and have it play the video full-screen on your second display while you work on the main one?

8. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I was thinking about that but it whould be very anoying to keep on chooseing a video or podcast to listen. i like the interface the front row has.