Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prwnr

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2020
I am having problems using my Apple ID in various places. BigSur 11.1 on MBP with M1 (one day old)

I getting a "Secure connection failed" often when trying to log in to apple.com account or when I'm trying to view my account details there. The error looks like on attached screenshot in FireFox. I have similar problems in Safari, tho the error naming is a bit different, but still about secure connection.

In Safari additionally in cases where it opens up a dialog to use Apple ID trying to log in with it shows a "no network connection" tho the connection is on for sure.

At the same time I'm having problems using my Apple ID login in apps like Apple TV / App Store - it simply fails to log in like I would provide wrong credentials.

So far I verified that when having those problems with my WiFi connection, I don't have them with tethering from my phone. I also verified that I have no problems logging in to apple.com when using my old PC with Linux on it and also when using WiFi on my phone. I also verified that the time zone and date are correct to my location (not sure if this matter, but I'm using English system language which is not my default)

I'm clueless on what is causing this problem and it's quite annoying. Is there anyone who faced similar problem and found solution? Screenshot_2021-01-12_at_12.20.35.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.