Security Flaw in iOS 9.3.1 Allows Access to iPhone Photos and Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
YES, there is the german word for "Voice Control" appearing on the screen. So this different from the Siri screen?

Nevertheless - at least the possibility for third person to use Voice recognition should be blocked. Imagine, Voice control starts (as with the one of my iP5) to connect a third person (or a child) with a contact in a foreign country for hours! Could cost you much!

If you have time enough to do this as a third person, you could try a lot of names and contacts and if you get the connection, you know that this person has at least contact with these names.

I don´t know if you can do more with the Voice control, but I think this might be the case…

:D a mighty instrument for wifes: They call the secret girl friend and because your name and phone number appears on her screen she starts to talk: "Hi Darling, the last weekend was beautiful - hope your wife doesn´t know for a long time! "

:D

Be careful, guys!
By any chance , do you do all of this with your phone connected to a/the charger?

When I tried SIRI (never worked for me) it would never do what I asked via voice control. Say, I asked it to play a certain song from my music library, instead it would dial a random number from my phone contacts.

Then I read someplace that SIRI doesn't work if you are charging. Don't know if that is true. (Makes no sense)

Anyway, SIRI has so far never worked for me and I no longer bother.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Problem is, if Apple would stand still and just fine-tune and bugfix, the same internet troops would jump onto a totally different set of arguments.

Don't forget that just before the iPhone pundits and internet guys were claiming Jobs had lost his touch, had no more ideas if not a thinner iPod and Apple was doomed.
Maybe, maybe not. I just kind of wish they'd do it anyway to provide a better experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.