Seeing iOS 7 made me switch over to Android but some regrets

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jul 2, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I don't like IOS7 so switched over to Android and not enjoying that much better.

Windows/Blackberry are not offering much really.

I really wish I had just stayed with IOS6 however app updates ect..would have made it unusable down the line.

I am struggling to consider a 5S with IOS7 and Android well for me is all the same whatever handset you go for. As a tech lover I feel I'm out of options.

Anyway I jumped to Android only to realise it's similar to what's coming in IOS7. Can't win then? :(

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The life altering decisions people go through now-a-days.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was desperate to just trade my Iphone in for cash. New phone has a 13mp camera and 4.6" screen but I'm just totally underwhelmed. :eek:

Guy in the phone shop talked me out of going for a Blackberry Z10 and I ended up going for Android and it was cheaper.

4. Northernist macrumors member

I wouldn't be so quick to judge iOS 7.. It's only on its 2nd beta out of who knows how many, and GM release is still months away. There's bound to be a lot of optimization between now and then and Apple won't release garbage to the public. By the time it's ready for the public, it will be polished and it will work.

I understand your position though. I have a few friends who have jumped ship to Android and bought the Galaxy S4 and the other high-end devices and they're definitely still getting used to the differences. IMO by the time iOS 7 will go public 99% of the major issues will be ironed out (no OS is perfect, of course) and it'll be leaps and bounds better than it is now.

5. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

Perhaps your switch to Android was a little premature? Wait for the public release of iOS 7 and then decide if you want to switch back, even between the final beta and the public release there can be big time additions (eg. Siri) and improvements.

Making a decision based on the 1st and 2nd betas of iOS 7 is akin to picking your business partners based on how difficult they were as children...there's still a lot of maturing to do and edges to be polished.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Mp aren't everything. Sensor size is equally, if not more so, important. Don't be fooled by specs.

7. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

It does make me chuckle how important some ppl make their phones out to be. I understand some ppl use it for business etc. But this idea that an OS or lack of features is that important is crazy to me. There are other ppl with bigger probs, like lets say not being able to pay rent, or food. There are bigger issues in this lifetime than what one phone can offer over another.

8. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

See it's just the overall visual look that gets me..yeah the bugs will go with final release but for me I felt well if Apple is now like Android might aswell jump ship but just makes me feel why did Apple have to add all these features because half them are not any use. Too many settings, different browsers, anti virus I don't get it?

I liked the overall colours of the IOS6 keyboard to the thick design of Iphone 5 to the heavy blocky icons and games.

For me IOS7 has much better functions but it's all down to how the software looks. May improve with IOS8, 9 but can't see that far ahead. :(

9. pottyvick macrumors regular

This post makes me want to cry lol..... iOs 7 is not the end of the world. if you had a 4 and didnt like it then i get it. But a 4s or 5 should run it fine (when its out of beta).

Theres always flip phones :)

10. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Seeing iOS 7 made me switch from Android.

I sold my S4 and bought an iPhone 5 the day after the keynote.

11. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

How about you don't upgrade to the new iPhone and keep iOS 6? Or if you do, jail break. I'm sure there will be some jailbreak theme/skin that has the iOS 6 look.

12. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

The 3GS phone for me lacked a good spec..loved the software. For me it's just a love of what Apple has done up until now. Some of what Apple has added to IOS7 looks wise is what I disliked in other phones and why I choose Apple.

Like Android on all these phones for me makes them all look the same. Samsungs own Bada OS's and so on are not much better anyway.

I liked the early touch models like the Pixon 12 from Samsung atleast they were different.

----------

Sort of defeats the purpose of having an Iphone and voids the warranty though? :confused:

13. pottyvick macrumors regular

Once the phone is restored the jailbreak is gone and apple can't tell..

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

How?

15. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

It's more fashionable to use it as it is plus when buying a phone for me it should have a decent software out of the box.

16. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

And those problems belong to those people. Everyone has problems. I am sure if OP couldn't pay rent or some other thing you listed, a phone and it's operating system are the least of his worries. However if one has no issues or worries, what's the problem?

Yes, a phone and it's OS are everything to a lot of people. It's an eco-system. It's not just a phone anymore. That phone can connect to your Mac, Apple TV, airplay speakers and your friends phones if they have the same one. If you have an Android in an Apple environment, good luck and vice versa.

Again, eco-systems. In an ideal world, everyone would have one phone and everything would all work together. Until then, pick and choose.

17. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I have considered switching (again), but just can't do it.

I tried Android (Nexus) several months ago and made it just a few days before I switched back. The big screen is nice, but it just isn't an iPhone.

I am also tied pretty tightly to iCloud, Calendar, iTunes and so on. I know there is similar stuff on Google, but I prefer Mac stuff.

A bigger screen iPhone would be awesome! I think we won't see one this year, unfortunately.

I am sticking with iOS for now... (My opinion)

18. z06gal macrumors 6502

I am totally sold on iOS 7. I love everything about it and am enjoying the journey. I have had 3 Android phones and had awful battery life in each. There are too many apps that come on an Android phone to suit my taste and I don't need/like all the customizations. It is one of those YMMV deals but the iPhone is the best phone I have ever had. ;)

19. Sonnestah macrumors regular

20. Mavericks macrumors member

Mavericks

What a noobie... Be like me, stick with the mighty iOS 6 :cool:

21. hopejr macrumors 6502

This is similar to my situation, except I did my best to stay with the Nexus 4 for 4.5 months before I couldn't stand it any more and put my sim card back in my iPhone 4. I was bored of iOS, but became bored of Android much faster, and inconsistencies how everything worked on it really turned me off it. Since switching back to iOS, I've been much happier.

I think iOS 7 looks promising, but I'm not sure about those icons. I guess they might grow on me.

22. falconeight Guest

falconeight

This is tragic! Im glad its not something easy in life like cancer or death of a family member.:rolleyes:

23. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

I ask the switchers, do you never buy apps? I mean, having to re-buy all the apps you have in iOS on Android, do you simply do it with no complains? Or you just use free apps?
    I know many apps are just a buck, or a few $, but I have some that were more than that. And simply re-buying everything is not an option for me.

:confused:

24. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Here you can compare the difference between my 8mp iPhone camera(left) and your new 13mp(right)... =)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17496400&postcount=34