Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Recently bought a Garmin Drive 53 and Traffic GPS tablet for my elderly parents, who needed car GPS but do not want a smartphone. Also bought a vent-mounted aftermarket tablet holder for the Garmin. Flimsy hunk of cheap plastic. I'd really like to find a way to vent-mount this Garmin in my father's Grand Cherokee. Are there any good tablet mounts out there?

Note that, in the future, I may acquire a new iPad Mini 6 or 7 and I also want to see if there is any way to mount them from a vent as well.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I know WeatherTech makes an adjustable phone holder that actually fits in a cupholder, not on the vent; don't know how big your Garmin is but it may work for them.

Reactions: Wingsley

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Try looking at Ram Mounts. I don’t think they have vent mounts but amongst multiple types of mounts they have a variable dash mount that simple pushes into a space on the dash and holds perfectly. Another cool thing that they do is that most of their mounts are two pieces. One for the mount and the other specifically for the device, a true 2 piece system that allows for device updating. If it moves drives, flys, or floats they make a mount. I have used them it the past and have been very satisfied.
I will admit to since Apple CarPlay I’m a WeatherTec cup holder user.

Reactions: Wingsley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.