Selling iphone 4 while its still on my ATT account?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hologram777, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hologram777 macrumors member

Hologram777

Hey guys, i have a iphone 4 that im selling but my question is. i am a little late on payments and using the money i get from selling my iphone 4 to cancel and pay off my att account. my question is i have taken the micro sim card out already and was wondering when it is sold, will the user be able to just put in their micro sim card in and use the phone normally. im assuming yes because the iphone 4 on att is gsm and uses sim cards, unlike verizon or other cdma providers.

Thanks

2. baconcheezdelux macrumors newbie

Not to be glib, but once it's gone it's not really your problem. Sell for cash to someone that puts an ATT card in it, it'll work, or it's their issue to jailbreak, unlock, and put on another network. I'd just make sure I wiped all my data on the phone (do a restore) before you sell it.

Depending on how long you've had it, you should make enough about enough to buy yourself out of the contract.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You totally nailed the OPs question.

Yes OP, you are correct. The next user will be able to put their SIm in and go on.