Selling on Amazon? Getting blocked?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by einmusiker, Nov 11, 2014.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I put up a video game on amazon to sell yesterday and someone ordered it soon after. The order is "Pending" and amazon says it could be up to 21 days before the payment processes??? what is this??? I think another seller might be putting a block on by placing a false order causing mine to be in flux until the game is irrelevent.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Contact Amazon. I've not sold items on Amazon, just eBay, but that does not sound right by any means

3. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

It takes time for amazon to process the payment- usually no more than an hour or so. I've had people buy something and had payment not go through- that can take some time. But after you get the email, "Sold Ship Now", go ahead and mail it, confirm the shipment, and then you can request a disbursement.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

There is a buyer protection plan... Anything for sellers?

5. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

There is not for sellers. As a seasoned seller, amazon usually sides with the customer, unless you have proof that they are being bogus.

For OP's problem, just wait until you get the confirmation email, and then ship. Don't worry about anything before that point.

I was selling a ps4 when it first came out, and a few people did the same thing to me that is happening to you. Mine was repeatedly blocked until the value went down below what I paid, and then ended up selling it on Craigslist for the amount that I paid for it.

There is nothing you can do about this, unfortunately.

6. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

It's been over 24 hours now. That's why I'm worried it's a bogus sale

7. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I Will NEVER sell on Amazon again. It's just as bad as fleabay. After 7 days of nonpayment Amazon cancels order. I relist for a cheaper price and it sells right away. After ridiculous 20% Amazon fees and shipping cost I'm fleeced on the deal. And to top it off after I ship buyer files a cancel order request. Then a few hours later he changes his mind and wants the game. What a PITA

8. BruiserB macrumors 65816

The delay you experienced on your initial sale was because there was some kind of payment problem with the buyer's credit card....maybe an expired card or non sufficient funds, etc. Instead of just cancelling the order, Amazon gives the buyer time to fix the issue. As a seller it's frustrating because it ties up your product while they sort it out. You can't sell it to someone else because the buyer might correct the issue. Also the buyer might never bother to fix the issue and just leave you hanging.

As far as cancelling the order after you shipped, you should make sure to "mark item as shipped" before you physically give up control of the item. That way the seller can't cancel, they will have to take delivery and go through the return process if they don't want it. If you don't mark it as shipped and the buyer requests cancellation, Amazon is going to expect you to be able to cancel the order.

For Amazon's fees, yes they are high, but Amazon pretty well spells out to you what you will get when you put up the listing. The only thing you don't know is what your actual shipping cost will be, but there are ways you can figure that out. If you don't like the deal, then don't sell through them.

I have sold both through eBay and Amazon and have found Amazon to be simpler and more reliable. I'm guessing that the category in which you sell has a lot to do with it. Video games customers are probably overall more flaky than Kindle customers are....though I did run into a few flaky Kindle customers!