Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Ok, I've got one of those Revo iSkins and while it does protect the iPhone quite well, I'm not quite so sure I like the look, how the silicone shell picks up lint and how difficult it is to remove from my pocket.

I've seen the Vaja website and those cases look gorgeous. Has anyone seen the Sena and Vaja case in person? Is the Sena case, although cheaper, comparable in quality with the Vaja case? Thanks.

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
I own the vaja ivolution case and it is beautiful. Best case I've ever seen but I've not seen the Sena.:)

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I'm close to getting it. I think I will just sell my Revo iSkin and then come up with a nice color combo.

amik

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
I've got the Sena Elega (sp?) case and I find it to be of very high quality. I have not personally seen a vaja for comparison but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sena. It is well cushioned and the stitching on mine is perfectly straight and equidistant from the edges. I'm very pleased.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
i have a vaja case "dockable"
and it does just that.

the vaja case is very high quality and i love it, you can also personalize it (which i stupidly didnt have done)

the sena cases from the pictures didnt look that great buily wise

the vaja cases also cost alittle bit more.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I guess no one has both seen a Vaja and a Sena case. After much debate, I'm going with Vaja. I'll wait a bit though before I order it. It seems that people are having a heck of a time getting their orders filled. I'll stick with this iSkin Revo for a bit.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
i reccomend the sena.

i sold it though when i sold my old iphone.
i alway miss how that leather felt in my hand

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
Vaja ordering has not been a problem for me but you just have to be patient. They must really hand craft these things. Beautiful, but expensive. Buy hey, are you and your iPhone worth it?:)

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Thanks to George Bush and the $800 rebate, I'll be getting a Vaja case and pay off some of my debt.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I just ordered my Vaja case. YEAH!!! I can't wait for it to come in. Anyway, if it sucks, I'll just sell it on eBay. Some guy sold his case here for the full retail he paid.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I just ordered my Vaja case. YEAH!!! I can't wait for it to come in. Anyway, if it sucks, I'll just sell it on eBay. Some guy sold his case here for the full retail he paid.

For one that was several months old! I saw that too.

I hope that you're patient. I ordered two 3 weeks ago and other than order confirmation, I haven't heard a peep from Vaja.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Patience usually isn't in my vocabulary but I did see all the posts from people saying that their Vaja cases took forever to arrive. I'm hoping it will come quicker now that the Christmas rush is over.

rblack

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
ordered the ivolution a week ago

hey all

i ordered the Vaja Ivolution about a week and a half ago, right after i got my ipod. And this was after a LOT of searching around for other cases and what not. But in the end, i wanted a leather case without a faceplate or belt clip so it could easily slid in and out of my pockets. So I got the Ivolution. With a black back and a dark blue front. Haven't gotten it yet, but as they are "handcrafting" it, i don't expect to for another two weeks or so. I'll post pics as soon as i get it.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I just got my order confirmation last week with a statement saying they've charged my credit card. Does this mean it is coming soon? What's the wait time between order confirmation/charge going through and actual delivery?

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

Aries326 said:
I just got my order confirmation last week with a statement saying they've charged my credit card. Does this mean it is coming soon? What's the wait time between order confirmation/charge going through and actual delivery?

I got my order confirmation 29 days ago and have heard nothing since, so I wouldn't expect to see it that soon. Sorry for the bad news.

rblack

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
I just received a shipping notification last night. It said that it would be shipped from Buenos Aires, Argentina to where I am in North Carolina by Thursday! So I'm pretty impressed, at least with the shipping. It's been about four or five weeks since I ordered it, which seems kinda long but I wasn't very unhappy. Going naked wasn't bad at all. Just kept it in my jeans and no horrible scratches. I'm sure there are a couple if I looked really hard but nothing noticeable on a quick glance. I'll post pictures and a reaction as soon as i get it.

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I recieved my Sena Elga case this past Friday and have to say it is exactly what I was looking for. Nice case for the money.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    439.2 KB · Views: 176

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I just got my shipping confirmation from FedEx 3 days ago. It didn't give a day when the case will arrive. I hope you guys post up pics of your Vaja. I definitely will.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
I just got my shipping confirmation from FedEx 3 days ago. It didn't give a day when the case will arrive. I hope you guys post up pics of your Vaja. I definitely will.
You should have it any day now, so for you it will have taken about 40 days in all as compared to 49 for me. Not good, but worth the wait in the end - they really are gorgeous!

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Well, looks like I have to return it. My iPhone doesn't fit!!! The leather face cover won't pull over the front of the iPhone and the sides of the case doesn't clasp on to the iPhone too well. I'll contact them and see if they can fix this. In the mean time, I'll have to buy something else.

Henry

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Are you sure? They are a very snug fit, particularly at first.

The iPhone should slide into the body of the case and the cover should clip over the top of it, rather than 'pull over the top'.

It might seem as if the cover is pushing against the top of the phone but it will give and it won't damage it either. This bit gets a littler looser with use.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Unfortunately, the cover doesn't clip over the top. I have to stretch it out. The part of the cover which is supposed to clip over the bottom of the iPhone gets stretched out and won't stay clipped on.

Also, the phone has a tendency to pop off the case from the right side. The right side doesn't seem to have the same "bite" as the left side.

P1020820_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020822_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020825_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020821_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020824_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020827_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020828_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020830_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020831_exposure_resize.jpg

P1020832_exposure_resize.jpg

I hope they replace it. I'm sure these are expensive because they expect a few of these to be made incorrectly and they need to send a replacement.

I hope they don't make me wait two month for a replacement either. This thing already has a few scratches from waiting for a suitable cover. Too bad this thing doesn't fit right. I think it looks great.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you have the phone inserted in the case upside down! :eek:

Try it the other way round and make sure that it slips into the sides of the case and all the way down. You may find that all is well then.

Please let us know. :)

Edit 1: Actually, I take that back having looked at the photos more carefully and having seen the orientation of the vaja logo on the back. I thought at first that this was a Vaja iVolution Top SP, the same as I ordered , which has the fastening on the top rather than the bottom. I'm off to their website to see which model yours is.

Edit 2: Well I can't find that model on the website. What is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.