Separate Mobile Me Forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Wingnut330, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

(ModNote: text below is presumably from a PM --mkrishnan)

I think it would be helpful especially given the new Exchange style features that have been added. I can envision a lot of new iPhone users reaching out to this forum to learn how to set up their sync etc.

Does anyone else see this as beneficial?

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Honestly, it could go either way.

I personally wouldn't mind a forum for it, but it depends on the rest of the community and ultimately teh MR gods.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

We've survived without a dot Mac forum, I don't see why a Mobile Me forum is needed that can't be covered under Mac Basics or Mac Applications. Then again, why don't we wait and see what the traffic is after the cutover.

4. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good point, but as a new Macrumors user I didn't realize that was were to go for .Mac questions.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I can see this as a sub-forum, but I do not feel that it is going to be a large enough topic to warrant its own forum. Maybe a sub-forum in the "Mac-Applications" forum, but otherwise, I do not see it as having its own forum, good idea though.

6. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I think a Mobile Me forum is a great idea. There are many facets to the service and supporting software, and I think there will be much to discuss after it launches.

7. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like that idea! Subforum is ok with me too.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if the traffic warrants it once its up and running, sure i don't see a problem with it, but as of right now i don't see any need. guess time will tell.

9. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the point - as you have stated, there isn't one place for folks to go to find information.

Given the potential for new users and the new features being added like sync, why make early adopters wait for traffic increases. Making a subforum isn't that difficult and could help early adopters and long term users.

Just my thoughts.

10. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i always missed a .mac forum. now with me.com i expect a huge number of new me.com members. and also a lot of problems in the beginning of the service, transition problems, windows users who use me.com, sync problems.....

it would be good to have a separate forum to avoid me.com question messing up the mac application forum.

my 2 cents

11. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I think it would be a brilliant idea - i have a few questions already.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As I waded through new threads on my way here, I stopped into no less than 5 MobileMe threads. I think it deserves its own sub-forum. I expect iPhone like volume upon its launch.

13. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Count me in as someone who believes it deserves at least a sub-forum. There's not only a lot more functionality being added to the service (meaning more questions/discussions), but it's bound to have a TON of more subscribers when the 3G iPhone launches.

14. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I'd like it, I'd find it very useful,as I'm sure would others after "mobile me" hits:)

15. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I agree, and btw, your avatar is the best on MR;):D

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Am I the only one that thinks Windows, when I hear Mobile Me.

17. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

As if that hasn't been beaten to death already.

18. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't think of Windows at all when I hear of MobileMe. To me there doesn't seem to be anything window-esque about it. It may just be you.

19. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

A MobileMe forum is a great idea. In fact this is something MacRumors should really consider cause now Apple has a real Internet Strategy just like they have a hardware strategy. It 's not like we can compare it to .Mac...
    Besides there are digital photography forums... I mean WTF? we"re talking about apple products!!! There should not even be any second thoughts about that!!!!

20. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I also think this is a good idea as there are already a lot of threads about it and this will only increase when it is launched officially.

21. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It looks like there is support for creating a new forum or subforum, so now what?

22. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

We wait. I'm sure the mods will kick open a new sub-forum if & when they feel it's warranted. 10 positive responses in four days does not a groundswell make. ;) Generally, these discussions need some time to flesh themselves out more fully.

Rather than a MM-specific sub-forum, I think a broader "Apple Online" area may have greater utility, to include not just all things MM, but App Store, iTMS, and other ventures as they come to light. The iTunes forum may not be the best long-term spot for the expanded features of iTMS and all it will soon entail.

23. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

An 'Apps' sub group and no Mobile Me sub group. C'mon Mods! Plleeeeeeease! ;)

24. retrospek macrumors 6502

retrospek

I really think we need a forum for Mobile Me.

I have no idea where to post currently !

25. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I'm having lots of issues with MobileMe (nothing's pushing to my phone), and really wish there was a separate forum for it. I also don't quite know where to post something. Applications? iPhone forum? :confused::confused:

Please give MM its own place!!