Separation anxiety when not wearing Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by simonx314, Apr 27, 2015.

1. simonx314 macrumors regular

I've only had it since Friday but I feel anxious and uncomfortable when I am not wearing it. I don't understand why, because I have my phone so I'm not going to miss a notification or be unable to remotely control my TV.

I just bought AppleCare so I can wear it in the shower and get a replacement if water damaged.

I like that I can constantly feel the convex back cover pressing against my wrist. I can feel the watch with me, listening to my heart, ready to serve me. When I can't feel the watch on my wrist, I feel naked, like part of me is missing. Watches and other wearables seem way more addictive than phones.

2. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Oh my goodness...

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

LOL. I feel the same way, but I've been used to wearing my Fitbit (Flex, Force, then Charge) so it just feels weird for that wrist to be bare.

Although, I don't feel like I need to wear it in the shower. Or in bed.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Wow... uh... I only think I'd get anxious if I took it off somewhere that wasn't my home or office, and then realized I wasn't wearing it a few hours later.

5. anez macrumors 6502

anez

I'm extreme testing the battery life right now, and mine died about an hour ago after 26 hours or so.

I'll be honest: I was surprised how much I missed it and wanted it back in action immediately. I've already become quite reliant on it, and can see that this is quickly going to become as indispensable to me as my phone. Being able to leave my phone in another room and remain constantly connected is wonderful.

Unlike the phone, this isn't something I admire constantly; it's something I can strap on and forget about it until it's in use, but it should get no less appreciation for that.