Sept. 30 equals Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThugZilla, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ThugZilla macrumors regular

It all makes sense, September 30 would coincide with Apple's iPod touch keynote, where it is rumored that they will announce the CDMA iPhone.

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I want some of what you're smokin'.

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I NEED some of what he's smoking. Can't wait until July 2011 rolls around and I begin hearing the groans from Verizon's camp.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Maybe in Soviet Russia.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

In Soviet Russia iPhone death grips you!

6. xtend macrumors regular

This.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

baziiiing.

LOL

8. Techlover90 macrumors member

That's even more ridiculous than the Jan 2011 claim. =P

9. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

It is overly costly and illogical to make a CDMA iPhone just for Verizon when they could simply wait for AT&T and Verizon to move over to LTE, and then open up the iPhone to them and possibly other American LTE carriers.

Less cost, more carriers.

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

send some this way too

11. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Yeah, it seems like THAT ball is in Verizon's court, not Apple's. If you want to predict when Verizon will get the iPhone, follow what goes on with their network over the next year or two.

12. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Verizon iPhone threads will never end, EVERRRRRRRRR.

13. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Yes they will. They'll end in 2014 when Verizon finally gets the iPhone powered by LTE technology. Or was that 2024? I can never remember.

14. ryuuzaki macrumors member

ryuuzaki

Might as well write confirmed. All the other rumor threads do. Oh by the way, they all were proven wrong too.

15. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Has the Verizon cell tower mentioned today been on campus for long? In the press conference Steve Jobs said there's both AT&T and Verizon cell towers on campus and that's why the death grip wouldn't work for reporters today. The Verizon tower couldn't have anything to do with the iPhone 4 reception so I thought it was interesting that it was mentioned at all.

It certainly could be for other reasons, although I'm not sure. Maybe they get good money having it on their property. :)

16. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Ah, BS! The Mayan's predicted 21-12-12 and they haven't been wrong yet!

17. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing those towers are there because of Apple's location and proximity to a major area freeway. Their relatively-tall buildings make for an ideal cell site, IMO. I bet they do get decent coin to allow the towers on their site.

18. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Verizon threads are silly. Not happening ever.

19. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I wouldn't say it's not happening ever. After all, the iPhone is available in Canada on all of our majour carriers, ROGERS, Bell, and Telus. In fact, it's also available on discount carriers here, such as Fido and Virgin Mobile, and will soon be on a Provincial carrier, SaskTell.

Apple has done something similar to this in the UK as well. To say that the iPhone is never coming to Verizon is a bit much.

20. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

21. samcraig macrumors P6

yo yo yo - fo shizzle I just hoid that the iPhonez iz goin to be on Boost Mobile.

Huzzah!

22. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

But Canadian CDMA carriers like Bell and Telus have built a UMTS network to go alongside their CDMA network. The iPhone is still GSM/UNTS only. Verizon would have to build a UMTS network as well to use current iPhones, but rumour has it thet they're planning to move to LTE along with the GSM and UMTS carriers. Maybe the next iPhone will have LTE.

23. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Exactly. Like I said in an earlier post, I think the iPhone will move to Verizon once Verizon moves to LTE. What I meant by that last post is that it's wrong to say it will never ever happen, it may once they move to LTE.

24. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I'm really wondering about this September 30 date, not for a verizon iphone but why did they pick that date to stop bumpers/case give aways. Because if they let people who buy the iphone after today when the know full well that there is the reception problems now, then they can't stop giving free bumpers to people who buy after september 30. I wonder if they just figure they would have a solution by then to the actual problem especially when they said they would re-evaluate at september 30 which i take as they will extend the bumper give away if they don't have a real fix yet. Now if this is right then how are the going to handle all the phones bought before the fix. It would be unfair to leave consumers who bought before the fix (if there ever ends of being one) with bumpers while the newer consumers get a phone that works w/o one.

25. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Does Nyone ever actually watch the video or read the stories??

September 30 gives them enough time to cover current users as well as those purchasing over the next two months. After that they will reevaluate. Right out of the mouth of Steve Jobs....for Christ sake.