Series 2 SS Milanese Loop initial impressions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by forge002, Sep 17, 2016.

1. forge002 macrumors member

Finally got round to unboxing and setting my new Series 2 SS Apple Watch with Milanese Loop. I have to say my initial impressions of it are very good, I absolutely love it and don't regret a penny of the £700 i paid for it. I had an Aluminium Sport Band Series 0 watch when it launched year and only had it for a brief time but have been wanting a new Apple Watch for the past few weeks so I'm so glad I waited for the new model. This SS watch looks just fantastic and feels just so much more substantial than the sport version, I especially love the way it shines and catches the light, very nice. I also just love the weight of it, its just perfect not light so you cant feel it but at same time not too heavy that its a burden, I like feeling I have it on my wrist if that makes sense.

But what I'm really impressed with is the Milanese Loop and wasn't sure if i would like it, I couldn't try it on as my Apple store had no open try on stock. I have rather slim wrists and have always found getting a watch strap with notches to fit properly, its normally either far too tight or too lose, and I find link watches equally a pain, if not more so. With the loop I'm not going overboard when I say its just a brilliant design. I can adjust it to precisely how I want it and get a 100% perfect fit and if i need to I can adjust it as i need in moments, it is just the most perfect watch strap. Really looking forward to getting used to playing around with it again. Overall I'm so very pleased with it.

IMG_1990.JPG IMG_1991.JPG IMG_1992.JPG IMG_1993.JPG

2. scottish macrumors 6502a

This would be my choice if I could justify the £700. I've just bought a reduced S0 sport and a replica Milanese loop band off Amazon. Happy so far but do desire the S2 SS!

3. shiftywxm macrumors member

I have a series 0 ss with the milanese strap. I'm loving my new series 2 gold aluminium, but am missing the milanese strap. I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to keep or sell the ss! Going from the ss to the aluminium version is an eye opener though! I keep forgetting that I'm wearing a watch as the weight difference is noticeable when dropping down from ss to aluminium.

4. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Have apple said it's ok to swim with or put in water in terms of the loop bands?

6. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Looks a little big - what's your wrist size?

Edit: But I loooove that milanese.

7. forge002 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure but it doesn't look that big when I wear it, think just may be the angles of my photos. But then I do prefer a more substantial size watch on my wrist, I had a 38mm last years and that a little too small. Probably just my odd wrists:)

Wore it out and about today so could experience what it was like living with the weight etc in everyday life and I have to say I just love how it feels. I am aware its there but its not overly intrusive, feels just perfect.

8. DredPirateStorm macrumors member

DredPirateStorm

That looks great! I'm so glad that is the model I ordered. Now I just need to wait for it to be delivered.

9. SLM9555 macrumors member

10. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Are you still pleased with the Band? I am thinking of ordering this combo.

11. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Stainless steel bands are not considered waterproof by apple. You can find this in the fine print on their site.

"*Leather and metal bands are not water resistant."

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Nice hairy arm :)

13. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Have you at all noticed the band tugging on your arm hair? That's a fear that I have that it will start pulling on the hair and annoying me. I have the sport band coming but I'm willing to but the loop for a change up band.

14. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Just got a 38mm Series 0 with Milanese Loop today (trade for a 42 w/ only sport bands... I'm a happy camper). Anyway, the Loop is nicer than I expected. Hefty without being too bulk, really, really sharp looking, and just damn cool. Couldn't be more happy.

15. Ivanovitchk macrumors member

Ivanovitchk

got SS0 with milanese.

It tugged hairs the first few months.

Now, there isn't any left, the milanese ate'em all.

It's an awesome band, go for it.

16. scriptkitten macrumors regular

scriptkitten

Does the Milanese loop band have any Apple branding on it to identify it as an Apple product? Maybe on the inside?

17. scottish macrumors 6502a

Also interested to know this.

For anyone keen to get the Milanese loop but not to the extent that they'll pay £149+ for it, I highly recommend this at £9.95/$12.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SAJQB2 / https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011CR8RZ4/

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

19. jeepik macrumors regular

No it does not

But you can fairly easily identify it from non apple ones

20. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Occasionally I get a tug. The last 4 days I've worn the band maybe 3 tugs.

21. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Shocking that it's that low in price. Another thread said the Moko is better, but they're sold out now. It's Moko vs. JETech vs Apple. Too bad there isn't a store where I can see and touch Moko and JETech in person. I could then judge for myself how much quality loss there is with the 3rd party Milanese Loops.

22. brianric macrumors regular

I for one am not that impressed with the Milanese band. Can't maintain a tight fit.

23. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Can't maintain a tight fit with the 3rd party Milanese Loops? Or Apple's? I had Apple's for more than a year. It was great for one year, then it got loose and I had to re-tighten it a few times a day. Was that what you experienced?

24. nicho macrumors 68000

this is not true @scriptkitten - the milanese loop has two identifying markings on it.

at the non-loop end, on the inside will be the size (38mm or 42mm) printed.

at the loop end, at the top of the connector which goes into the watch, will be the words "assembled in china"