Series 2 Water Eject Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iAdamator, Oct 16, 2016.

1. iAdamator macrumors regular

Hey all.

I have a possible issue with the water ejection on the Series 2 watch. Is it normal to need to do it many many times to get all the water out?

After using the eject feature many times to get water out, my speaker still sounds distorted for hours afterwards. I can tell because the eject sound itself sounds odd and a different pitch so I know something is still in there. I also test it by tapping Mickey to speak the time.

It eventually clears out but it's a long time later, and I am just wondering if something might be wrong with my watch?

This is just from me taking a shower by the way. I'm not even swimming or anything. I can't imagine much water gets in there in the first place but it sure distorts it for a long time.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. iAdamator thread starter macrumors regular

4. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

Any chance soapy water is getting in if you are wearing it while showering? I can imagine that soap residue might be harder to clear?

5. iAdamator thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that's definitely possible. And it issue always goes away in time. (Few hours, give or take.)

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

When I think of the scum build up on tile walls in the shower . . . . Not sure if I would shower with mine.

7. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I'd swim with mine (when it warms up) but nope on hot soapy water. Just no need to in my opinion. Takes seconds to take it off and put it on.