Series 3 Ceramic Edition Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mhoutman, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mhoutman macrumors 6502

mhoutman

As there is actually a Series 2 Ceramic Edition Woners Thread, it I swim eto have one for he Series 3 Edition too :)

I ordered a ceramic grey one yesterday and can't wait to see it delivered. In fact I had to order it in Germany as the LTE versions are not available in the Netherlands.

Only footage I could find so far is below YouTube video, but I hope see more in the coming weeks

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

3. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Ordered the gray. In the ceramic version 2 owners thread someone posted a different video where you can see the gray.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

That space gray color actually looks much different than I thought with the lighting reflecting off of it. It has a glossy kind of look, but nowhere near like the space gray sport watch.

5. rdr7 macrumors member

I ordered the Series 3 White Ceramic! This is my first AW purchase, pretty excited!

I have one question. I ordered the 38mm, but for those that own the 42mm, will a 38mm band fit it?
    Just curious, kind of second guessing if the 38mm was the right choice or not, for me.

6. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

No 42mm band is a different size.

7. rdr7 macrumors member

Well, that makes complete sense, just wanted to verify. I'm a female with a 6" wrist, so the 42mm would probably look too big on me anyway!! Thanks for your response!

8. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I have the 42mm Watch and find it to bulky myself.

9. David R macrumors 6502

I have a S0 SS watch. I got up when preorders started and ordered another SS watch. Then later the same day, I was at my desk at work looking at my current SS watch and I thought "I'm bored of this look, I should switch things up."

I saw that the 42mm White Ceramic still had a 9/22 delivery date, so I ordered it and canceled the SS order. Now I'm ridiculously excited to get it. It looks so beautiful on pictures! Friday can't come fast enough. I already told my boss I'll be working from home to sign for the delivery.

Question about the band: I know that the Ceramic S2 watch comes with the "cloud" sports band. The S3 comes with a "soft white/pebble" band. Is "soft white" a slightly different shade of the white band? Or do they mean "soft" as in the rubber/sports band, so it's the same shade of white as what ships with other watches? I hope this makes sense.

10. bruinsrme, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

New White woven nylon band.
    The band isn’t as stiff as the older bands

Attached Files:

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

curious to see the the gray... looks nice but couldn't justify spending for it. With the iPhone X and Homepod and maybe an iMac Pro in my future apple has enough of my cash... haha

12. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

That’s the new white woven nylon band on the series 2 ceramic.

13. mhoutman thread starter macrumors 6502

mhoutman

You NEVER spend too much on Apple gear :D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    On the Edition3 band.

I might be wrong but the Edition2 got an all exclusive Cloud Sportband. Now the Edition 3 gets a grey Sportband which is for sale of everybody.

Also the Edition 2 ws delivered with a special book. Is this also with the Edition 3 ?

14. David R macrumors 6502

The Edition 3 comes with a band that is white(ish?) on the outside, but gray on the inside:
    [​IMG]
    I don't think you can buy that band.

As for whether we get the "how it's made" booklet. I wondered the same. It's not listed in the "what's in the box" section; but I'm not sure if it was listed in the Series 2 page before either.

15. garethjs macrumors 6502a

42mm grey ceramic ordered for pickup on the 22nd at my closest Apple Store in Australia. So I'll have my hands on them before anyone else in the world :)

Will post pics

Deciding between picking up a red strap to use with it so it works well with that red dot. I've seen people use the SS black with the red and it looks smart so hopefully a shiny smooth grey ceramic will look awesome too.

Alternatively with the nike lab edition strap from last year that I have.

16. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Can't wait to see the pics! Would you mind posting in different lighting conditions, so we can have a real world idea of the actual colour, rather than the videos under the harsh Apple lighting. We'd all love you loooooong time!

17. mhoutman thread starter macrumors 6502

mhoutman

Sorru I was talking on the Grey ceramic. But after some investigation I found out it has a grey band from the outside and black inside :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    Yes, the new PRODUCT RED color more resembles the color of the crown color. I suppose that is why they changed the PRODUCT RED color :D

Can't wait to see your photos, but I think it proofs to be like Audi Nardo Grey :)

18. Buddhake macrumors member

They changed the Product RED colour? Hmmm. I have the original and was planning to wear with my new white ceramic on Friday. Must explore this new red colour further. Thanks.

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i have the product red band and i'm not a fan of it.. it looks more orange then a pure red

20. Buddhake macrumors member

I have the orange-y "Red" band too. If there is one that is closer to the red of the Product Red iPhone, I'll buy it quickly!

21. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Looks like you have the watch on your left wrist and upside down? o_O

22. redavis41 macrumors member

redavis41

I'm intrigued. Don't know yet whether I hate or love that grey ceramic. I got the grey sport band for my Series 2 Space Black SS and the color goes very well. Can't wait to see your pics.

23. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

It does?
    I find it easier using my thump, plus when I had the ss the crown got hung up on my jacket sleeve with the crown pointing to the wrist
    Flipped it around and never had the issue again

24. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

What ever works for ya. I guess there is no wrong way to wear it. I’m just OCD and thought it interesting. :D

25. mhoutman thread starter macrumors 6502

mhoutman

Agee, I never understood the PRODUCT red color of the AW band in comparison with the other PRODUCT red Apple products like iPhone cases etc.. With this second edition it is much more in line :)