Series 3 LTE, terrible battery after getting iPhone X

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ohbomb, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ohbomb macrumors newbie

so I had switched from the series 0 to the series 3 lte with an iPhone 7 and my watch battery went from barely making it a day to going to bed at 70%. Now after getting the iPhone X and re-pairing the watch my watch is dying by the end of the day. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. econrads024 macrumors newbie

I absolutely am having the same issue.. I even tried to repair it as a new watch and still battery is horrible..

3. dusters711 macrumors regular

I was checking to see how my X Battery has been doing today when I was shocked to realize my Series 3 LTE Watch was at 37%! I also usually go to sleep at night with the Watch at 70%. So I force restarted the Watch and got a random text message show up on the Watch from this afternoon that I never got until now, and it still hasn’t shown up on my phone. I don’t know if these issues are related or not but I’m hoping it’s not an X thing!!

4. SCP macrumors newbie

Ditto, AW3 battery being killed since switching from iP 7 to X. No use whatsoever and battery was half gone in less than half day.

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

6. DblHelix macrumors 6502

No issues here. iPhone X on 11.2 beta 2 and watch on watchOS 4.2

7. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I’ve got a series 2 and I’m getting the same battery issue since pairing it with iPhone X (on 11.1). I never used to get low battery warnings and now I’m down to 10% by dinner time. Two days in a row now.

8. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

IPhone x on the latest software and Apple watch LTE on 4.1 and no issue with battery life so far... Did you restore a backup on your new iPhone or did you set it as new?

9. Maui19 macrumors regular

I've got the same thing happening, but I don't know whether it is related to the iPX or having just upgraded to Watch 4.1

10. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

Upgrading the OS or getting a new phone will cause poor watch life for a couple of days as it syncs and finishes setting up in the background. Report back on Wednesday.

It's the same as when you first got your watch. It's syncing emails, calendar, installing apps and more.

11. WilliamG macrumors G3

So my wife had the same issue with her Apple Watch 3 with her new iPhone X. It just drained like crazy and was at 10% after 6 hours or so. She powered it off and on and charged it - like I did when this happened to me.

I think it’s a bug associated with switching phone/re-sync. I had no issues today after it happened to me yesterday.

Just odd, though.

12. tony_glasgow macrumors member

Both my partner and I let the new phone take ownership of the watch during initial setup and experienced many of the above issues - that immediately went away with an un-pair/re-pair!

13. HeadphoneAddict macrumors 6502a

HeadphoneAddict

Same issues here https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/anyone-seeing-a-drop-in-battery-life.2084773/page-2

It seems some people can reboot the watch, and others need to reset and re-pair the watch, after either getting the iPhone X and transferring or due to the Watch OS 4.1 update.

My issue seemed to be more the Watch OS 4.1 than the iPhone X, since the watch battery was fine for a full 24 hour day after I got the iPhone X, but then drained 3x faster after the Watch OS 4.1. I only needed to run the watch down and then reboot it and charge it. Other's needed to restore watch to factory and re-pair to iPhone.

14. mccdyl001 macrumors newbie

On your phone, go to the Watch App, scroll down to "Workout" and un-toggle the "Detect Gym Equipment" switch. Alternatively, from your watch, go to "Settings", "General", "Workout" and un-toggle the "Detect Gym Equipment" switch from there. Apparently works wonders for battery life, and unless you're actually using new gym equipment with Gym Kit functionality, is not needed at all.

15. anticipate macrumors 6502

anticipate

11.2/4.2 and a repair fixed it. (I bet a re-pair would have. It removed 10GB of cruft that mysteriously clogged the Watch's storage too).

16. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Np issues here. iPhone X 11.1 and Ceramic S3 LTE 4.1 reading at 78% after 14 hours