Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian Lyng

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2020
Since 7.0.3 only two reboot. One during a workout (lost about 5 minutes), and one reboot yesterday, where I was prompted with enter the PIN while just wearing the watch.

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
Same here. In fact I’m pretty sure the fix in 7.0.3 was to schedule a reboot every night, as I kept waking to mine saying “loading” where the activities are, every morning, which it only does when it’s reloaded.

no issues at all on 7.1. We even upgraded my wife’s watch as she stuck on 6.x after seeing all the issues I had. No issues on her S3 either.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
It happed again :(

During bike workout yesterday, my watch lock and stopped the currently running workout 3 times. I had no reboot since upgrading to 7.03, but this is annoying me for couple months. Hopefully they'll fix it with another update

Reactions: max2

RGRHON

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2016
Yes, cellular series 3, 42mm aluminum 3 years old.
I have a cellular watch 5 and 7.1 bricked it under ios14.2!

I had to have the watch replaced it kept rebooting no matter what we did and it was so bad it was non-functional. I’ve got the replacement one now and it’s got 6.2.8 and I’m not even trying it until 7.2 comes out!

I suspect but can’t prove it had something to do with watch faces and complications, because I use infograph with better day, compass, weather and rain, ecg, stock, messages, and voice record. It’s a lot but it’s why I bought the watch! Having said that, it’s been rock stable until 7.1 unstable edition came along! WTF Apple! You need to reboot the company!

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
I have a cellular watch 5 and 7.1 bricked it under ios14.2!

I had to have the watch replaced it kept rebooting no matter what we did and it was so bad it was non-functional. I’ve got the replacement one now and it’s got 6.2.8 and I’m not even trying it until 7.2 comes out!

I suspect but can’t prove it had something to do with watch faces and complications, because I use infograph with better day, compass, weather and rain, ecg, stock, messages, and voice record. It’s a lot but it’s why I bought the watch! Having said that, it’s been rock stable until 7.1 unstable edition came along! WTF Apple! You need to reboot the company!
It’s good, that they have replaced them though, at least some satisfaction. And yes, it seems that with every new generation software their hardware ages somehow faster. I am buying Apple devices (macs, iPads, iPhones, AW since 2010 and the trend is there.

chepeloni

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2020
trying to update an S3 to 7.2. ridiculous. a less than 500 MB file needs 2.7 GB of free space to be installed.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Well, darn! I had thought everything had been resolved with the latest update. Guess I will hold off on doing an update on my Series 3 watch, then.....
I've upgraded to 7.2 and my watches locked themselves during bike workout again. I am starting to believe that there is something seriously wrong with my AW S3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.