Series 4 Charging Issues?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Volusia, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

For the last few nights my Series 4 has not been charging. When placed on the disk it shows the charging icon, but when I check on my iPhone for battery condition it shows the watch is discharging. If I reboot the Watch it will charge normally.

Any body else having issues?

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

3. chemasevi macrumors member

Same issue here.Any solution?

4. Volusia thread starter macrumors 6502

Volusia

Yes, using the current version (12.0.1). Now, for the past two nights, it has charged with no problem?!?!?
    One of those things that make you go...... "WTH?"
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2018 ---
    I didn't do anything different, but, as I said, it started working properly for the past two nights....

5. tromboneaholic, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Metal objects, like keys and coins, placed too close to the charger can cause interference that prevents wireless charging sometimes. My wife had this issue with her iPhone off and on until we noticed it was happening when her wireless charger was close to the base of a lamp on her nightstand.

6. newellj macrumors 604

That makes sense when you think about it, but wow - would not have thought about that in a vacuum. Very interesting!

7. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Just encountered the same problem. I’ve had my watch since Day 1. Just updated to 12.0.1 yesterday and pulled my watch off the charger a few minutes ago and discovered that it didn’t charge at all over the last 6 hours. The watch was securely seated on the charger and even showed the charging symbol on the face.

Oh, and there are no other objects near the charger.

8. KatanaAzul macrumors member

I’ve had the same issue. After catching it happening a few times, I figured out that doing a restart of the watch solves the problem every time. Super annoying, but now I just shut off my watch before putting it on the charger and let it restart itself when it notices it’s on the charger. Haven’t had a problem since.

As it appears that restarting the watch fixes the issue temporarily, my guess is that it’s a software issue of some kind. I have tried restoring as a new watch, and the problem persists. I’m quite tempted to take it to the apple store to do a clean install of watch os and see if it keeps happening.

9. Rouxboyjags macrumors newbie

Rouxboyjags

10. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

No issues here. Just took my watch off it’s charger and it was 100%

11. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

12. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic