Series 5 Stainless Steel Thread

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Kind of a dumb question but does the silver stainless steel link bracelet match the silver aluminum model better than the actual stainless silver model? I feel the brushed link bracelet might blend in better with the silver aluminum instead of the mirror like stainless steel watch.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Kind of a dumb question but does the silver stainless steel link bracelet match the silver aluminum model better than the actual stainless silver model? I feel the brushed link bracelet might blend in better with the silver aluminum instead of the mirror like stainless steel watch.
Not dumb at all.

So here’s my breakdown-(Being I’ve owned the stainless steel Apple Watch, aluminum Apple Watch at one point and the 316 L stainless steel band.)

The 7000 series aluminum Apple Watch, is a brushed type aluminum, but it’s kind of a ‘vibrant’ aluminum, it stands out more. The 316 L stainless steel link band is also brushed, but it’s more of a ‘dull-like’ finish. And obviously the 316 L stainless Apple Watch is as polished high shine. You could pair the stainless steel link band with the aluminum Apple Watch, it will have a bit of a difference, but I don’t think it necessarily would look bad per se, but it’s definitely more intended to be paired with the stainless steel Apple Watch.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
I currently own the Series 5 Stainless Steel Apple Watch and the Stainless Steel link bracelet. Yesterday I ordered the Series 5 Nike+ Silver Aluminum Apple Watch and it should be delivered this Friday. Once I receive it I'll post pictures of both of them with the Stainless Steel link bracelet.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I currently own the Series 5 Stainless Steel Apple Watch and the Stainless Steel link bracelet. Yesterday I ordered the Series 5 Nike+ Silver Aluminum Apple Watch and it should be delivered this Friday. Once I receive it I'll post pictures of both of them with the Stainless Steel link bracelet.
Curious why you got the Aluminum if you already own a SS?

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Curious why you got the Aluminum if you already own a SS?
It came down to me really wanting the Nike+ version. I'll wear the Aluminum in the gym, on runs and stuff like that and the SS will be worn going out. So basically gym/active = aluminum and everything else = stainless steel.

Duncan68

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2018
I'd love to do that. The Nike version is a fun watch with the nike faces. However i'm too anal about the glass scratching so I can't do it
Today I broke down and put one of those cheap X-Doria things on my aluminum. One cannot maintain spatial awareness 24/7 indefinitely. :(

Reactions: jaytee86

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Would the white/black Nike sport band match the SS SB? Does anyone have any pictures they could share?

MB, just noticed they call it "Pure Platinum" :rolleyes: