I am new to the world of buying and using a Mac, but not by choice! I am a sophmore in college and back when I was a sophmore in high school I asked my parents for a laptop for christmas, and made it pretty clear that I would STRONGLY prefer a Mac over a piece of crap PC. Well, the result was me getting a.... hold your breath... Compaq Presario 5195US. OH DEAR GOD! My dad later said that the Mac was only $100 more and that he wanted everything to be compatible... which I, and his brother (my favorite uncle), had both told him several times that Macs were compatible... Anyways, long story short, its time to step up and play with the big boys! I am looking at the MBP 15.4" 2.4 with 4Gb RAM. I will be getting VMWare Fusion because I run some programs through XP that I need for work. I would go with the standard whitebook, but I hate the keyboard! Here is where the question is: Should I go and use my education discount now and get the MBP with the iPod or wait until the new MB and MBP come out in september? I am really in a catch because of A: Specs/price and B: iPod. Advice on what I should do would be appreciated. One last thing... Should I order with just the 2GB ram and 3rd party upgrade? and what about applecare?