iPad mini Seriously-- Apple must think customers are zombies

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cdaddy112, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

Lets really be honest here, this ipad mini is ridiculous. It has outdated ipad 2 internals, a smaller NON-RETINA display, and they have the nerve to charge 329 dollars for this thing??? I guess I can see the appeal of the smaller form factor to do some light browsing, keep kids entertained with some angry birds, some email- with a price of around 200 dollars I believe that would be a winner, but apple pretty much said "screw it, apple fans will buy it". and the price for a wifi and cell mode!!!!! Dont get me started on that.......

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

Well, a lot of them ARE zombies...

I find the lack of retina pretty weird on a device that would be so suitable for e-reading.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

4. 314631, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012

314631 macrumors 6502a

There will be plenty of zombies about at midnight on October 26 pre-ordering their new iPad Minis. I'm certain Apple will sell a huge number despite the obvious flaws that will put some of us off.

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

They will arrive in droves this weekend.

Personally, I would like to see a nice Zombie Vamp conflict. The doggie vamp thing is old now.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I find it funny they were up selling the size of the screen and comparing it to an android device. Of all companies who want to compare screen sizes on a mobile device..

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I think Apple just puts out products hoping people will buy them, like any company, or anyone wanting to make money!

8. ericdubya macrumors newbie

Not a zombie here...If I was a zombie I would have already owned an iPad, I waited for one that was lighter and smaller. This is more important than an A6 processor and retina display to me.

9. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

No, that is incorrect, now I love apple products- BUT, the reality distortion field is slowly fading, this is a blatant attempt to screw people, next year there will be an ipad mini 2 with an A6 chip and retina display.....they know what they are doing

----------

I can totally understand this, for you this product works, but the first person I see break out an ipad mini with their iphone 5 while they surf on their macbook in starbucks will get slapped in the face

10. Jinzen macrumors 6502

Uh, let's see:

Student uses MacBook Pro to do note taking, writing and real work
    Uses iPad Mini to read her text books, as an e-reader, and tablet use
    Uses iPhone as Smartphone.

Perhaps YOU need to be SLAPPED in the face.

11. cnev3 macrumors 6502

LCD screen devices are not suitable for e-reading.

At least if you're talking about REAL reading (books that are +500 pages)

12. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

seriously? you need all that to succeed in college? honestly?
    so with all that at your disposal why has education dropped behind compared to our foreign counterparts? Seems we did ok with pens and paper no too long ago....oh well, have fun with all your gadgets

13. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Guys, I think Apple used that screen resolution because it is the SAME AS THE NON RETINA iPad, no other reason. They would need to adopt a 3rd resolution for the ipad if they went another way, so this is no surprise... the no A6 is a big surprise however. Once they can source a 7.9" screen with the same pixels as the retina iPad they will.

14. jojoba macrumors 68000

I spend hours reading on my iPad every day for work (REAL reading, as far as I'm concerned). I'm a researcher and go through tons of pdfs/research articles every week. It's certainly a whole lot better than the alternatives: reading on a computer screen, or reading on e-ink (or alternatively, have huge stacks of paper all over your office).

I love my Kindle and T1, but they don't handle PDFs well.

15. Jinzen macrumors 6502

Uh, yea tell that everybody who reads books on on their iPads, Kindle Fire, iPhones, iMacs, Macbook Pros, Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7s, etc etc etc.

16. ericdubya macrumors newbie

I see, well hopefully if this model sells well they will be more willing to have a better version in future updates. I think they might still be scared of it flopping.

17. jojoba macrumors 68000

I don't think the poster said s/he NEEDED it. But it's a perfectly acceptable way of organising your work. I'm a researcher and use my iPad next to my mac book air all the time. Academia doesn't revolve around pen and paper anymore.

18. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

It seems weird to me. The retina iPad has no real competition - it is one of the most expensive tablets on the market and has the best specs and display on the market. An update could have waited until March. I think it is an excellent value starting at $499.
    The iPad mini on the other hand, has a premium price but not the best specs in its segment. It will go down in history like the iPad 1 - an incomplete product right from the start, that will become slow and less desirable within a year, as new apps and iOS 7 are rolled out.
    The iPad 4th gen is a better value than the iPad mini IMHO.

19. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

You have poor refutation skills, and your education argument is completely irrelevant to how people want to spend their money.

I have an iPhone 5, a 15 inch Macbook Pro, and I will be ordering an iPad mini on day one. Don't tell me how to spend my money, and don't get your panties in a bunch over it.

20. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

how are they going to make the mini retina later down the road? they really pigeon holed themselves by using the ipad 2 resolution. because double that resolution is the ipad 4s resolution....so next year when the ipad 2 is phased out what is the resolution going to be on the mini?

21. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

by all means buy your mini, enjoy it, have an amazing and fulfilling life trying to keep up with the latest and greatest, Im sure it will work out for you

22. baummer macrumors 6502a

23. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

me want iPadddddds!

I was throwing money at my screen hoping I would get a new iPad mini, and a new iPad 3(prime).

Prime = A mark (') appended above and to the right of a character, especially:
    a. One used to distinguish different values of the same variable in a mathematical expression.

24. smellysox8 macrumors regular

Apple doesn't think their customers are zombies; they know it. Watch how well this inferior product will sell and then watch how many of these zombies tout Apple's high sales numbers.

25. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

the first thing you compared was wrong! I can't even read the rest of your garbage