General Servers other than Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hakr100, Feb 4, 2013.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Since the Cydia servers are being slammed now and probably will be for a couple of days, are there repos available that are separate from Cydia and are actually accessible now and allowing the download of apps? I'm getting the same sort of "Internal Server Errors" on the alternative source sites in "Sources" Default under Cydia.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're serious?
    Sure, use some Xbox servers instead. Maybe you can install black ops:D
    lol
    No, you have to wait like the rest of us.

3. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It just seems a bit odd at a time when servers are being slammed that there are not alternate sites, especially for the paid apps. You would think their authors would want their revenue streams to continue.

4. shoes222 macrumors member

No you don't. There are lots of private repos you can add to Cydia to download things from that work flawlessly. Just do a quick Google search.

5. procrastinasn macrumors regular

They will continue. These major server slams don't occur very often, usually only when there are new Jailbreaks out.

Be patient.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If your going to dispute someone at least name these repo's you mention !

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even other repos have issues and if you want to download cydia store stuff you have to wait. Even packages from other repos need other dependant packages like mobilesustrate and many other utilities such in order to complete the install. It happens every time there's a new JB.
    That's nothing new and should be expected.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If Apple's own servers go down in flames when something new is released (say new iPhone, new Mac, etc)... then why give these guys (who work out of their own resources) a hard time? I don't, I know it'll be back online. Also, we already have the toughest part done (jailbreak itself). I am sure I can wait a day for the rest of features to pour in.

9. shoes222 macrumors member

I'd prefer not to, as most of them contain pirated content. But trust me, they're not hard to find.