Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linuxtux23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
I am a StraightTalk user upgrading from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a new iPhone. I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 6s and put a GSM StraightTalk nano SIM in it.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-AT-T-Compatible-Nano-SIM-Activation-Kit/34565623

I've seen online that a lot of people have been having issues with getting StraightTalk to work on the 6s. So far it appears to be the SIM free phones ordered from Apple.com. This led me to wonder if it would work to buy the AT&T iPhone 6s outright from the site (so it would be unlocked) if it would then work? Has anyone gotten StraightTalk to work on an AT&T 6s iphone with a AT&T straight talk SIM? If so, can you give details on how seamless it was and what you had to do?

sura

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2013
My iPhone is an unlocked (from Apple) 6 but shouldn't matter. Buy the ST sim that you want. Just get a nano sim or cut yours down. I bought the AT&T compatible sim. Put sim in phone and call ST customer service for activation of sim. You're supposed to be able to activate the sim on line but I couldn't get it to work. Had to call. If you cut your sim, it should just work. ST activation took ~30 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.