SGP iPhone 4S Case Linear

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr D, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mr D macrumors 6502

Those who have gotten these cases, how do you feel about the actual protection of the phone?

In regards to drops, etc... will it snap off easily?

2. utl768 macrumors 6502

its made like **** and it doesnt fit the 4s despite what they advertise

bottom wouldnt snap in for me

avoid!

3. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I have the linear crystal and it works on my 4s.... Don't know what that guy is on about. I like it a lot. May not have the best drop protection since there is no rubber however it looks gorgeous. Also the bottom snaps in really well and doesn't creak or move at all.

4. Violent_Noir macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got the smooth white version of this case for my white 4S and I noticed the camera hole is having an effect on the flash. Is this happening to anyone else?

ETA: Mine is the Linear Crystal with the clear back

5. newmacuser14 macrumors member

Man I was leaning towards the SGP linear case for mine. Sucks that it messes up the camera.

6. orijin macrumors newbie

just a note to you guys.

SGP Cases there are many fakes out there also that are mass replicated and produced, I was in china over the summer and saw tons of fake ones and I am pretty certain ebay is doing the same.

Make sure you are buying a real SGP case, the fit to a real one and a fake one is different.

Order from the official website. I however prefer a speck case over a sgp case as it offers more protection but sgp cases are thinner but with thinness protection is the trade off.

7. balwx macrumors regular

I was just going to order the Linear crystal smooth white for my wife & neo hybrid matte silver for myself.

I am a little concerned about the camera issue as a previous poster described. Also, their site is incredibly slow and keeps timing out. SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

Violet just wondering if possible to resolve this issue ? I would be ordering direct from their site.

8. Violent_Noir macrumors newbie

Hi,

My case was ordered directly from SGP. The problem seems to be with the flash in farther away shots. Closer pics are hit and miss. Here are some quick pics I took. All pics were taken by my iPhone 4S naked (No case or protectors) except for the one I took with the case on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pic taken with case on.

[​IMG]
    Pic taken without anything on.

Sorry for the bad pics. I noticed it more in some random pics I took of my messy room, but I don't feel like posting those for the world to see :eek:

9. ChiliBlue, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I have been trying to order from their website for the last 2 days and get nothing but errors. :mad:

10. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Hmm, I bought the gun metal Linear case with clear back and haven't really noticed anything with my photos. Did you put on one of those little black rings that go around the lens to help alleviate the camera issue you're having? I actually am loving the case, everything fit wonderfully.

11. balwx macrumors regular

Thanks folks for the information. I decided to pull the trigger & order directly from SGP site. The site is crushed with demand. I was finally able to place an order after trying for hours.
    :)

12. Mr D thread starter macrumors 6502

Wait.. so these cases are effecting the camera?

13. 1zach4 macrumors regular

They have an Amazon store as well. That is where I ordered both of mine

----------

I've had no issues with any of my pictures...I took a couple when I first got the phone, and then a few more after I put the case on: No difference for me

14. Mr D thread starter macrumors 6502

which one did you order?

15. 1zach4 macrumors regular

I ordered the linear crystal in lime for my wife's white 4s, and the smooth black for my black 4s

16. Mr D thread starter macrumors 6502

If you were to drop the phone on it's face (screen)... does the case stick out far enough to prevent from hitting the ground? Or if you simply lay it down on a flat surface, will the screen touch it?

17. MortalDays macrumors regular

I ordered a Linear Crystal Satin Silver and still waiting for shipping. Hopefully it won't have the same issues.

18. 1zach4 macrumors regular

Well I wouldn't want to drop the phone on its face, but it does have a lip that sticks out just beyond the screen. So if you laid it down on its face, it would sit on the case

19. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I bought the linear crystal in white. For others who bought the case, did you use the included crystal screen and back protectors, or logo protector? Also there is something here and a camera hood, I haven't tried it yet, but maybe that will help people who seem to be having camera issues with the case on, anyone tried the camera hood?

20. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Can u please post pics of the gun metal with crystal back? This was the case I was gonna order myself.

Also, does this case add much bulk and make the phone too wide since it wraps around the phone?

Thanks in advance

21. newmacuser14, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

newmacuser14 macrumors member

Thinking about getting the smooth black with my white iPhone. Cant decide though.

22. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Yes, I always use screen protectors from SGP so for one to be included was nice. I also used the logo protector as they say it stops the rainbow effect, but I dont like the way it looks as the outline of the protector is very apparent. Are you using it? If anyone isnt using it, are they noticing anything discerning regarding the logo and the clear back plate? I also am using the the little lens hood/gasket that's included. I haven't noticed anything different with my pictures with the case on or off.

----------

My camera is dead currently, I just put it on charge. I should be able to post some this afternoon. The bulk is pretty minimal I think. Though personally, I'm a tall guy with big hands and found the phone without a case to be a little bit of a pain to handle without a case. I think the case compliments the phone nicely.

----------

just FYI, I just looked at their site to see if it was possible to view white iPhones and i noticed the gun metal no longer seems to be an option:confused:

23. 1zach4 macrumors regular

I bought the lime one for my wife's white iPhone and it really makes the white pop :D

24. newmacuser14 macrumors member

And there is no issue with the camera?

25. chrislaw, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Gun metal on white 4s as requested. Sorry my camera and skills are not very good :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]