SGP Linear EX Series

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HavocLink, Jan 9, 2012.

1. HavocLink macrumors newbie

Does anyone have one of these things?

http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/c...-iphone-4-4s-case-linear-ex-color-series.html

I'm considering picking it up but I have some questions concerning it first.

See, I recently picked up an SGP Neo Hybrid 2S bumper style case for my new 4s. I love bumper-style cases and I thought that case was perfect until I found one big problem with it: the headphone jack cut-out. It literally does not accomodate ANY of the nice earbuds/headphones I have that I wanna use with my iPhone! The only thing it fits is the stock Apple earphones which I don't really like. It's frustrating!

I'm wondering if the SGP Linear EX case, which is also a bumper-style case, has a more sizable headphone cut-out, at least in comparison to the Neo Hybrids. Unfortunately, I don't know any way of seeing or trying that out without buying it and I don't wanna buy it without knowing first otherwise it'll be a hassle for me. Can anyone with both cases or just the Linear EX please help me out here? :(

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

It has the same size cutout. Buy a cheap adapter online, plug it in, and you are good to go. There are multiple threads on this subject, please search.

3. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Checkout the thread I just made, it has pics of the case and a shot of the headphone slot.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1306385

4. dsquared81, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

dsquared81 macrumors 6502

I have a linear EX in satin silver. It fits my monster aux cable plug. it didnt with the apple bumper. Hope this helps somewhat

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Wow really? Yea I have an Apple bumper but was looking into one of these cases. I am over analyzing every detail since I NEVER can seem to find a suitable case. I think this will be my fifth, so before I drop another $30 I wanted to make sure it was well worth my money.

So IF the headphones fit on an Apple bumper, than they should also work on this SGP case, right?

6. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

They would, the opening is smaller on the Apple bumper than the SGP.

The thing with the Apple bumper is that its rubber at that area and if you force it enough, you can plug it in (at least for me with my aux cable). But over time the area became loose, the opening stretched out and became oval in shape, and the area also bulged out because of this "stretching." It looked really sloppy. All in a matter of 2 months with daily plugging in and out. Luckily I bought it at Target (which has a 90 day return policy) so I returned it.

The diameter of the opening on the SGP is 5/8" maybe this will help?

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'll take your word for it ;)

My Skullcandy $10 headphones are easily replaceable or swapped out if need be (though they do a great job!)

I took my broken bumper into Apple and they gave me a replacement. I'll use that one until I make a final decision on this SGP one. It looks promising, but I've grown very picky over the years as I seem to go through bumpers way too often.

8. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Can you post some pics? I'm note sure to go for the white or silver.

9. dsquared81 macrumors 6502