SGP Neo Hybrid

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ilovegoodnugz, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

2. oChaos Nine macrumors newbie

If it wasn't out of stock I'd order both the Hybrid Matte and Hybrid Ex right now. Here's to hoping it's everything the bumper was and better.

3. ilovegoodnugz thread starter macrumors regular

It says it comes with 1set Mini Lens Hood....anyone have any idea wtf that is?

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't need another case but this looks like a good one worth testing out and at a reasonable price. Hopefully they release soon

5. AndrewTieu macrumors member

AndrewTieu

Its suppose to make your flash better without ruining it with the case.

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

So it sounds like it's something similar to what InCase did with their flash rings. With these cases the descriptions say that the black cases don't come with flash hoods so I'm guessing that black color takes care of whatever issues the other colors might have.

7. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

These are beautiful. I'm definitely picking up one of each as soon as they're available. This is what I was looking for all along. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. princesultan macrumors regular

it looks really really nice. but silicone? i'd rather tpu.

9. beedish macrumors member

Is it me or does SGP seem like the only case maker that listens to people's wants when designing new cases? Say what you want about their customer service, but their designers are on their game.

10. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I just realized that the EX Series is essentially just a bumper with two layers. Assuming this doesn't scratch the metal band like Apple's bumper does for some people, this might be a good alternative at the same price.

11. mzd macrumors 6502a

wow, they totally ripped off SwitchEasy - design concept and name...
    they also beat SwitchEasy in getting the product to market.

12. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I like the look of this one :)

Assuming there is no problems with screen protectors bubbling, its the best i have seen yet (and i have looked at a LOT of cases lately!).

Yes, but the main complaint with silicone is saggy sides. Would the band around the edge not fix that?

13. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Who had the name first? SGP had a Neo Hybrid for the 3G, too. I was really hoping SwitchEasy would make a Neo-type iPhone 4 case, but so far their selection for the 4 is crap.

14. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

My guess would be that the polycarbonate should virtually eliminate any sagging problems that plague other silicone-based cases because it holds the silicone in place around the phone.

15. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Yep, i'm gong to order one when its available (assuming there are no bad reviews). This looks like its what i have been waiting for :)

16. Ibolskool macrumors newbie

I will be ordering one too! The delay will give me time to choose on a color . . . Gunmetal or Black? Hmmm . . .

:confused:

17. princesultan macrumors regular

18. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't think it would be too much of a problem with the EX series since there's a lot less exposed silicone. The Matte series is another story, so we'll see what the finish is actually like.

19. nd4speed macrumors member

Wow, these look great. Good post, thanks. The Hybrid Ex is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

20. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

problem I see is that the hole for the 3.5mm is so small.

21. mzd macrumors 6502a

oh, my mistake. i haven't really kept up with SGP offerings, didn't know they had a history with that name. SwitchEasy had the NeoTouch for the 2g iPod touch and the CapsuleNeo for the 3G/3GS iPhone. not sure which came first. doesn't really matter i guess.
    and yes, thus far their iPhone 4 cases suck. :(

22. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I wonder how much lint will stick to silicone.... but this case definitely looks pretty cool!! Will wait to hear reviews... oh yea it's also sold out too.

23. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

What I've come to find out is that they display all new items as previews even when they are still producing/testing the product. So while there may be an 'Out of Stock' indicator, there was never actually anything for sale (unless they do a pre-order which they indicate like with their sliders)

24. chanerz macrumors 6502a

25. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree this is one of the best looking cases I've seen. I can't wait to get one.