SGP Vintage Leather Pouch for iPhone 4 available for order

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Swampthing, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

2. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

Decided to pre-order one even if I have to wait. These just look too sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

4. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I ordered one yesterday. It should hold me over until I can get a case from Vaja.

5. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Good question. I wonder if the picture is an actual photograph.

6. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

iPhone 4 parts, even white parts have been showing up on Chinese repair/supply sites for a few weeks now. Its been rumored that a lot of the case designers were buying those to get an idea of fit and finish.

7. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

Just got the iPad version of this case in the mail a couple days ago and it is OUTSTANDING. I love the texture, and very professional look it gives the device.

Now I REALLY want the iPad 4 case... but I don't mind running around naked for a week or so till it gets here.

8. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Is that really necessary?

9. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

I'm not going to buy some cheap case until then. It's only seven days.

10. Kinobi macrumors member

Would that case improved reception? It seems like not enough to cover bottom part, right?

11. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

To be honest, I haven't experienced the terribly bad reception issues that are being reported. I've lost bars and have had them return, where my iPhone 3GS did not have problems. OTOH, I've had better reception in some areas with my iPhone 4. :confused:

Looks like it covers the bottom left hand and right hand slits, and apparently that's where the problem is. I was wondering if they left the sides exposed because it would allow the antenna unblocked access to the air.

12. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I think the poster was making a funny about your "run around naked comment".

13. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

I see SGP now has the Vintage Leather Pouch with the S ornament on it. Personally I prefer the model above... I like it flat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

Just received an email that first batch of orders are going out today!!! :cool:

15. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I was hoping mine would ship today. I ordered on the 18th - but alas - no email yet! :(

16. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Any word on when they're taking the next batch of pre-orders??

17. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Did they stop accepting pre-orders? I wasn't aware of that. I guess then I should be glad that I at least got my order in early!

18. pablo7 macrumors 6502

I'm not too sure all I see on the site is the out of stock wording and no way to click on anything for pre-orders or anything else.....

19. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Wow - I just looked at the site today and it's totally gone! I wonder if that means that they sold out. When I ordered it said that they were a limited edition of 500. The Argos cases are showing, but there is no way to order those. I hope my case comes soon. Still no email - just the order confirmation from the 18th :(

20. pablo7 macrumors 6502

^ Ya I emailed them a few times but no reponse....as of two days ago.:confused:

21. seafurydriver macrumors member

I ordered on the 22nd and glad I did, because there are NO Vintage iPhone 4 cases listed anywhere on the site now. I guess they were serious about that "500 pcs limited edition" statement.

Anyway, I can't wait to get this iPhone 4 case because it's going to look so great next to my iPad Vintage case. The leather is fantastic and the fit and quality is outstanding. Nothing but compliments all around.

Hopefully there will be more of these great cases offered for everyone that didn't get the chance to purchase.

22. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Please post pics when yours arrives! I am hoping that mine ships soon :)

23. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

Got an updated email today that they encountered issues with customs resulting in an unexpected delay. They hope to get the Vintage pouches in by Tuesday and will send them out right away.

At least I won't have to camp out by my mailbox waiting for the mailman for a few more days... ;)

24. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Oh the agony! I had a Vaja case held up in customs for a week and it drove me crazy since I had already waited over a month for it! Still no email from SGP for me - just a confirmation from the 19th :(

25. Swampthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

SGP Shipping Notification Received!

So today I got the shipping notification for the Vintage iPhone 4 Pouch I ordered awhile back. Funny, they put the shipment date of 17 June on it so I guess they can make their invoice fulfillments look good.. :rolleyes: Anyway I expect it to show up in a couple days.

I'll let you know when it comes and how good it is.