Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Is there a way to turn off this monstrosity? It seems the earth's rotation is enough to set off this 'feature', and it fills my heart with rage and discontent when I see that little box pop up on every single text I send.

Thanks.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Is there a way to turn off this monstrosity? It seems the earth's rotation is enough to set off this 'feature', and it fills my heart with rage and discontent when I see that little box pop up on every single text I send.

Thanks.

Not yet, I've yet to ever use tis feature as needed. I agree, there needs to be an off button.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside

Thanks.

In this case, starting a new thread would have been a good idea. If you are jailbroken there is a Cydia package that you can install to remove it.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
In this case, starting a new thread would have been a good idea. If you are jailbroken there is a Cydia package that you can install to remove it.

Ha, yeah, an over year old thread dredged up.

As mentioned, the only way to turn this off is to be jailbroken. The package is named "ShaketoUndo Killer"

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah, it's annoying...until you accidentally delete a huge chunk of text that you just typed.

And honestly, it's not too sensitive for me. I've only had it pop up if I almost drop the phone and juggle it for a second. For everyday use, not a problem.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, it's annoying...until you accidentally delete a huge chunk of text that you just typed.

And honestly, it's not too sensitive for me. I've only had it pop up if I almost drop the phone and juggle it for a second. For everyday use, not a problem.

Mine pops up all the time, and I've always been worried that I'll do exactly what you've mentioned

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Ha, yeah, an over year old thread dredged up.

As mentioned, the only way to turn this off is to be jailbroken. The package is named "ShaketoUndo Killer"

Wow - thank you for posting this! Had no idea there was a Cydia app to disable this annoying feature. Once again we have something that Apple should have done natively but instead we have to jb in order to do it. Anyway, thanks again - just installed it.

vachargerfan

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Wow - thank you for posting this! Had no idea there was a Cydia app to disable this annoying feature. Once again we have something that Apple should have done natively but instead we have to jb in order to do it. Anyway, thanks again - just installed it.

Me either. I am so glad to be rid of that annoying feature now

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Never had it pop up on my 3G or iP4 without me wanting to use it. Also you need to agree to the action so it won't just delete things willy nilly. Furthermore you can also shake to redo ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.