Shattered front glass on iPhone 4 replaced free...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sparkeyben, Jul 11, 2010.

1. sparkeyben macrumors newbie

My girlfriend dropped her iPhone 4 from her purse while getting into the car on Friday and it shattered the front glass from the bottom right corner about half way up the glass. Totally spider webbed. It worked perfect just the glass was broken

We had a trip to NYC planned for a while so we just decided to wait to deal with it until after the trip. Got to NYC today and are staying pretty close to the 5th ave Apple store so we walked down. Amazingly enough walked in and got an immediate genius appointment. The employee that helped us at first said it was $200 to get it fixed. I explained how it happened and he said give me a sec and I'll see what I can do. He came back and said they would replace it with a new phone just this once. 10 minutes later he came back with a fully activated brand new phone.

Say what you will but Apple totally did my girlfriend right. Great customer service in a store that easily had 300 people in it.

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I'd give that guy a tip or take him out for a beer

3. sparkeyben thread starter macrumors newbie

My girlfriend asked him if she could give him a hug or if he wanted to go make out...haha. Thankfully he said no thank you and we were on our way.

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

If Apple keeps this up, they're going to be out a lot of money on iPhone 4! Lots of people are breaking these things this time around!

5. xtend macrumors regular

+1 :cool:

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

HAHAHA

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Your girlfriend must be hot. That's the only explanation.

8. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Lol, probably; why else would telling the Genius that his girlfriend dropped it convince them to replace it for free?

9. Bassir macrumors member

Seriously.

Pics of said girlfriend. Or else the story is BS. In other words: pics or it didn't happen.

10. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

you're so cool.

11. brayhite macrumors 6502a

This is very valid.

By the way, there's definitely a "you're holding it wrong" joke that should be used here..