Shattered screen on Iphone 4S upgrade...would like some advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmttu, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. mmttu macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2014
    #1
    I have an Iphone 4S that works perfectly fine, but I managed to drop and shatter the screen pretty badly about a month ago - it looks awful, and seems to mess up the keyboard fairly often, but not terribly. What would you all do at this point - wait it out until the next release later this year, or just go for a 5S while signing a new 2 year contract with it? I can NOT decide what to do at the moment...

    I appreciate the thoughts!!! :)
     
  2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    #2
    If you can live with the shattered screen for the next few months, I think the pros outweigh the cons for just saving that valuable upgrade ticket for after the next iPhone is announced. You see, you...

    1.) Get to see if the next iPhone is the phone for you after the unveiling, and if it isn't...
    2.) Price of subsidized 5s will drop, and you save some moneys for accessories, iTunes giftcard, or higher storage option.


    You could always find a cheap, temporary solution for your 4s if you really need it, but you only get the special upgrade price once every couple of years. Heck, I'd even swap your screen out with a new, 3rd party screen at cost of parts if you were in the area just for kicks. :)
     
  3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

    mojolicious

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Location:
    Sarf London
    #3
    In the UK you can get the screen replaced for around £40 via send-away services, typically with three day turnaround. Assuming the same service is cheaper in the US – everything is cheaper in the US – can't you just go cold turkey for a few days while it's fixed?
     
  4. mmttu thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2014
    #4
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. Yeah I've managed to deal with this phone being messed for for about a month now, but I just realized that through my phone carrier that I'm eligible today (literally today) for a cheap upgrade, as opposed to paying the full price for the phone along with a 2 year contract. So just trying to decide if I should deal with it for a few more months and get a bigger better iphone, or get rid of it now for a 5S.
     
  5. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #5
    Just get a 5S now. If you really need the new iPhone, you can always sell and upgrade.
     

Share This Page