Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Brother Michael said:
lol...Look at the ads generated by this topic...it is just funny.

Mike

all i get are ipod ads

and ubergeek you shave you head?

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Hector said:
all i get are ipod ads

try hitting the refresh button a couple of times

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 341

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Wow

Really? You're supposed to shave above the knee? And what's this about waxing the crack? Owww.... Thoughts on these two ideas? I'm against both... :eek:

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
im a pretty damn hairy guy. i can grow a full beard in about 2 weeks, it's awesome. my arms are pretty light haired, while my chest, legs, and "down there" region gets pretty hairy. i lightly trim my legs and chest hair. just my leg hair gets long, curly and its ugly looking to me, so i trim it a tad to make it look nicer. i trim down there, not fully but pretty close. keeps it nice and neat, it can eliminate a lot of the smells that go one down there. well there you go, what jon does and doesnt do.

iJon

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Okay, the whole waxing yer nut sack and ass crack thing just sounds beyond painful.

I shave my face and my back. Chest, ass and pubes get trimmed. Arms and legs are left alone. It helps to have a g/f get those hard-to-reach places.

Lethal

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Chicks dig guys who shave "downstairs". You don't necessarily have to SHAVE, just get some clippers or something.
.narco

Sneeper

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
San Francisco
I don't recommend waxing your own ass crack or nut sack. If you are gonna wax, get it professionally done. It's not all that expensive. Or so I hear.

The electric beard trimmer is great for most 'manscaping' though. You'd be amazed at how big your wang looks when it's not hiding in the Amazon Rain Forest.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
virividox said:
there is definitely too much informatin being exchanged in this thread. thank god no one is posting pictures or links...this has to be one of the weirdest threads of the year
Oh no ... are you really sure you want to give these people bright ideas :p

Neserk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2004
If you are going to wear a tank top (and males shouldn't, imo) shave your chest and trim the armpit hair. Shaving is a pain.

For males trimming body hair is a better way to go than shaving. Do until you like it. And it grows back so if you over do it, no biggy.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Sneeper said:
You'd be amazed at how big your wang looks when it's not hiding in the Amazon Rain Forest.

This is sound advice. Seriously.

Don't shave your pits unless you're a swimmer. Or legs. No matter what. Period. (trimming is another matter, if you're like chewbacca). Chest is OK, if you're really hairy and don't have a great body, as stomach as well. But guys underestimate how hot a bit of chest hair can be. Shave your back and neck. Always and forever. There's nothing more nasty than someone wearing their own sweater. Don't shave your pubes bald. Ever. Well, okay, maybe that's one of those mistakes that everyone needs to make. Just remember, nothing you shave is permanent! so it's not like you're going to totally screw things up by just ..experimenting... Uh, most guys I know shave (or otherwise, tho nair is likely to burn your sensitive regions) everything from balls to crack, but i run in a different crowd than you probably. But uh, I can't imagine women particularly like hairy testicles, at least if you want them to pay attention to them (you know). As for shaving the ass, it's perhaps even a cleanliness thing, i mean you can wipe a lot cleaner without hair in the way... Wow, this is probably my most frank post ever. But, you asked, so there you go.

edit: i agree with what's been said about trimming, beard trimmers are *much* safer and easier to use, there are places you really don't want to get nicked.

paul

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
Ok i'm a pretty hairy guy eg.chest,back,abs. but all i shave is facial hair and back of neck. In my opinion, hair on your arms,chest,abs is grand if your anyway well built but it looks kinda off if its just on flab.
Anyway to the advice bit. Shave wherever you like however there are a few things to remember:

1-Shaving hair makes it grow back thicker
2-Don't shave your chest cos that part of your body is prone to ingrown hairs. Just getting it waxed will solve that problem and it will take longer for hair to grow back.
3-Shaving your body is high maintenance cos nobody wants to be stubbly.
4-I haven't done it but if given a choice i'd pick a scissors over getting your scrotum waxed. Try plucking a hair,its painful!!
5- With regard to the buttocks. Well that's personal preference but don't blame it on hygiene. My god have you people not heard of showers?

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
OK ... since we're all so eager to share :) ... how do you deal with itching between scrotum and anus? (As a result of trimming/shaving, of course :p )

oh ... and Kingsnapped ... I'm very curious about why shaving the pubes bald is such a bad idea, so let us know how it goes, lol

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I shave with a Gilette Mach 3 and it kicks ass esp. when you put on a fresh blade. I shave my face and sometimes my happy trail (or crab ladder as someone said). I usually leave it tho.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
How you do hairy Chewbaccas shave your backs? Were you blessed with disproportionately long arms as well, because I can't figure it out.

And don't shave anything other than your face. Trim your winky, but don't shave or trim your chest unless you have a serious problem.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
JesseJames said:
Why not just use Nair?

I used to shave my head. After I did it the first time, I didn't like the stubble. So I applied Nair. It inflamed my scalp so badly, I ended up putting my head under the tub faucet running cold water. My scalp turned bright red, and swelled up for a day. I was so inflamed you could feel the heat coming off of it. I NEVER used Nair again. I lived with the stubble. :p

BTW: It really, really, REALLY HURT!!

Sneeper

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
San Francisco
Kingsnapped said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Why didn't you post that half an hour ago??

ROFLMAO! Oh that's freaking hilarious. Classic.

I don't actually agree with Paul on never shaving certain regions. I think:

1) if you have a hard body, then it's gonna look good regardles .. trimmed or shaved (but not too jungly). This goes for all regions. A lot of guys now shave completely 'down there'. I know a guy who shaves his bits.. but he's a muscular guy and wears tank-tops often. It looks good on him, but would look terrible on a wimp like me.

2) in grown hairs are a problem on any part of your body that isn't used to shaving (even face!) But it's managable. Your skin gets used to being shaved and proper shaving technique will keep them from coming back.

Here are some good techniques
-always use the hottest water your skin can stand
-rinse the blade often
-use new blades
-don't shave against the grain
-trim before showing but shave after showering
-use something like Neutrogena's Razor Defense facial scrub to soften the whiskers before hand

As for what not to shave and what to shave, it's all a matter of taste. Go for the look you (or your girlfriend/wife/S.O.) likes.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Abstract said:
How you do hairy Chewbaccas shave your backs? Were you blessed with disproportionately long arms as well, because I can't figure it out.

This is where it helps to have an s/o. Or at least someone you are good friends enough w/that having that person shave yer back isn't embarrasing or awkward.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.