Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buttercookie

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
I can't believe that people are telling someone who damaged their macbook to take it back and say it came that way.

I've also read on some threads that people have had design defects that caused their macbook to crack. With the way people are telling others to fraud apple I can see how apple is skitish to help people. Its the fraudsters that ruin it for the people with legitimate problems.

All I can say is do what you want but Karma will get you eventually.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
Dear honest chaps, i agree tht honesty is the best way, but when youre dealing with economic globalistic fiends who just want your money and nothing else, might as well get the most out of them, i call it tax back. they take 17.5% so somehow you have to get it back. and when you pay 699+ for a notebook you expect a durable item. more then justified to be upset with them and get a new one. they dont care anyway, they just gonna replace the casing and sell it as a refurb so will make more then there money back and im sure they are just making 100% profit now and got there return on their production costs already since the macbook has been on the production line since 2006 so it aint gonna hurt them, come on people.

and also they probably happy to get rid of as many new ones (of the current model) as possible because they got the redesigns coming out soon.

to be succesful as a global company you have to be dishonest so dont act like your hurting apple lolol.

REVOLUTION HAHAAA:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Moving files is simple lol its a called an external hard drive or flash drive,

brand new macbook vs stained macbook with that good honest loyal apple feeling. hmmmmm

God will SMITE those who AREN't HONEST!!!!
:D

anyways -- it's your fault, but what you CAN do is not worry about it, because your notebook will NOT look new forever... and if you REALLY dont like the look of your "clicker" button, then you can go to an apple store, and ask them to replace the part... you skrew up, you pay the price!:( and ther's no way around that, i mean ok, so what if everyone did this??? hmm?? then we would all end up paying for it in one way or another.. (probably thru price increases in the next line of macbooks).

again, GOD will SMITE those who are DISHONEST, and whether that is physically, emotionally, mentally, sexually, financially, or metaphorically, or whatever else you can think of, it WILL HAPPEN!!!!

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
I can't believe that people are telling someone who damaged their macbook to take it back and say it came that way.

I've also read on some threads that people have had design defects that caused their macbook to crack. With the way people are telling others to fraud apple I can see how apple is skitish to help people. Its the fraudsters that ruin it for the people with legitimate problems.

All I can say is do what you want but Karma will get you eventually.

about the Karma thing, i agree 100%.

it WILL come back to haunt all apple customers.

Shownarou

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Newton, IA
Okay, leaving these ideas aside, the acetone in the nail polish remover just removed the gray plastic paint/covering not sure exactly what it is. Usually after continual use the button starts to lose it's color and looks shiny anyway. Trying to use something else on it is probably only going to cause you to lose more of the coloring.

My personal opinion is just that you use it. Eventually the shiny marks are going to blend in with the wearing of everyday use. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But enjoy your Macbook! :apple:

iRiFF

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
well i was just giving an option in taking it back, and with the 17.5% thet do make money from this as they raise their prices so that the 17.5% doesnt come out of their profit, anywhooo i believe that god will deal the consequences to dishonest people but i dont see this as a dishonest option you take it back and say that it came with a cosmetic defect, if you look closely most of them do come with little scratches around the keyboard.

but then again who am i to decide what is honest and dishonest the judgement is for god.

its all just material things anyway.

peace

JoeDRC

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
UK
well i was just giving an option in taking it back, and with the 17.5% thet do make money from this as they raise their prices so that the 17.5% doesnt come out of their profit, anywhooo i believe that god will deal the consequences to dishonest people but i dont see this as a dishonest option you take it back and say that it came with a cosmetic defect, if you look closely most of them do come with little scratches around the keyboard.

but then again who am i to decide what is honest and dishonest the judgement is for god.

its all just material things anyway.

peace

it is dishonest, its lying in order to get an expensive laptop replaced because of something the OP did.
this is nothing to do with god, its down to morals, some which you are lacking in

ingrid9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
I got to go with the honest crowd. You made the mistake, live with it (or try the Magic Eraser solution).

this is what i'm going to do! I'm an honest girl and couldn't lie like that. (if it was a £20 shirt then maybe... but not this) I have sent off for some Magic Eraser and will update on what happens! :)
Nice to see I've sparked some sort of crazy ethical debate...

this is my plan b. by the way:

anyways -- it's your fault, but what you CAN do is not worry about it, because your notebook will NOT look new forever... and if you REALLY dont like the look of your "clicker" button, then you can go to an apple store, and ask them to replace the part... you skrew up, you pay the price!:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.