Ship date vs Receive Date ??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lugesm, Oct 17, 2007.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Pre-ordered Leopard last night.

My confirmation from Apple states:

"Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH"

This seems to imply that they will ship such that it ARRIVES at my home on the 26th. :confused: This is my first-ever order from Apple.
    Is my interpretation correct?

Any thoughts?

2. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

You are correct. It will arrive at your door on the 26th :)

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....*hopefully* but no absolute guarantee. With 10.4 I was supposed to have it on release date but it didn't make it.....oh yeah!

4. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

True. Depends whether you live close to a city center, what the delivery pattern is like in your area, etc. In Ottawa I find I always get things exactly when promised but when I lived in Halifax, a little outside the core, deliveries were routinely a day or more late.

5. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I hope that I will get mine on the 26th, I live in Nevada and on that day it is a holiday and mail does not go. I hope UPS still runs or Federal Express whichever they use.

6. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I have not ordered the update yet, but I noticed that their are three choices for shipping. I believe their is next day, two day, and business class. Will you get the upgrade on the 26th regardless of the shipping choice?

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

There is no holiday I know of that would keep FedEx or UPS from making deliveries on that day.

It's not a federal holiday so mail will be delivered also.

8. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Thanks for the comments.

As I mentioned, I have never ordered anything from Apple before this OS.

Nice to know I will get mine on the same day as those folks who stand in lines outside the Apple stores. ;)

9. southbark macrumors regular

Be careful if you order from other tan apple because places like overstock,buy.com and amazon are notorious for not shipping at the due date because apple dumps all their pruducts to their stores and online first then to secondary retailers

Items not yet shipped:
    Delivery estimate: November 10, 2007 - November 13, 2007 1 of: Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

direct from amazon preorder page whan you have placed your order

10. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If its ordered from Apple it will reach your doorstep on the 26th but if its ordered elesewhere it won't

11. Michael73 macrumors 65816

So I'll get my copy before it's available from the store at 6pm?!? SWEET!!!!!

12. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

mine says:

Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

I bought the Up-To-Date Version of Leopard.

13. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Mine states: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH

Retail, single user.

14. seanneko macrumors member

I noticed that too. Retail versions say "delivers by 26th", but up-to-date versions say "ships by 26th" :confused:

15. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Does anyone know if they request UPS not to actually deliver until the 26th? I live a mere 15 minutes away from their HQ, and wouldn't mind getting it a few days early.

16. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I am sure it will be planned out in such a way that all the delivires are made around the 26th

17. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

This is my first release date order...

How fast does it generally make it into college bookstores?

I'm preordered at the $80 rate. I don't need it day one, but a Friday delivery would mean a weekend installation and configuration. Which wouldn't suck.

18. overheated macrumors member

yeah... i don't think so.

when i saw tuesdays announcement of "delivers on oct 26th" i was pretty jucied as it would mean i would not have to drive to the nearest Apple store to collect my copy on friday night ( 100 miles ).

i called up apple online store and spoke to the leopard pre-order line and asked the obvious question - "so, i will recieve it on friday - right?" then the answer came.... "uh.... no - it ships out on friday". to which i answered - "thats not how i interperate the website statement". she said she was sorry but it will NOT arrive on friday. it will take the normal three business days to get to me.

i did let her know that i think thousands of other people will feel this is misleading as well and they may wish to change to statement. long story short i will be driving the 100 miles to the apple store and then turn around, come home, format, and load all on a friday night after a long week of work. : (

19. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

my family pack of leopard says

"Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH"
    "Shipping Method
    Priority Overnite "

and you can bet fedex will have it here friday afternoon!!! hahah (canada)

I called a local apple reseller, he told me i could preorder a copy and it would be available on friday night at 6, cept, the are closed at 530 !!!! that means i would have to wait til they open saturday!! so not only would i have to wait, i would then have to drive down there and pick it up!!!!

20. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I checked into this, and I stand corrected. You are right it is not a federal holiday , only a state holiday and mail will run. So that means I should get the software on time. Yipee!!!

21. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Gold Coast, Australia
    Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH
    Retail, single user.

Apple Australia seems to have fast shipping to the Gold Coasr from its Sydney warehouse-as I ordered Logic 8 on a Thursday, and got it the next day.

22. irahodges macrumors regular

thats a long wait from amazon...can I get a confirmation from someone who has had previous experience pre-ordering an OS from amazon? Do they actually follow the date above or the release date?

23. California King macrumors 65816

so wait, does it matter what shipping type you pay for? For example, ground and overnight. Will it still arrive on the 26 regardless?

24. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Yes if you order from Apple it will arrive on the 26th regardless of which shipping method you choose.

25. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

From Apple, it's free shipping; shipped in time so it arrives on the 26th. The method doesn't matter. (I think this has been said before...)