Shipping: Hold at Facility?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple111115, Sep 14, 2014.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Hello!

I was wondering if FedEx/UPS (not sure which ones ship Apple orders) can hold your package at their facility? I am not sure that I will be home when it arrives, so can I pick it up at a UPS/FedEx location during normal business hours? If so, how do I do this? Thanks!

2. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I might be wrong, but I think Fedex is required to make one delivery attempt before the package can be changed to a hold by the recipient.
    You can however, contact Apple and have them initiate the hold.
    Or.... You can pick it up at the station when the driver finishes the day, if you miss your delivery...

3. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Yes you can the night before the delivery , you can either schedule a hold at your local fedex store. There will be a new button there that says hold at fedex location and you can pick the location you want it be held at ( i always go with the closest ) I dont know about ups but i know with fedex you can make them hold it for pickup. Keep in mind i'm doing this from the fedex app. Goodluck

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I have done it with other signature-required packages (via Fedex) without waiting for a delivery attempt. I've not done it with UPS, though.

5. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! So in general, do all shipments usually come through FedEx?

6. cymolia macrumors 6502a

every iphone i've ever ordered either from ATT/Apple has always come with Fedex ( Orlando)

7. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!

8. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Be careful with Fedex Hold At Location. (Used to live in US, got several Apple Deliveries). If you wait too long to do it, they'll have already loaded the iPhone on the truck. What will happen is that they'll go to deliver it, see that it's redirected. But oh wait - they already made their stop at Kinkos. Sits on the truck until the next day.

Try to do Hold at Location BEFORE it gets to the destination sorting center.

9. cymolia macrumors 6502a

yes thats why i mentioned in my post to do it the night before delivery , thats the only time the hold at location option becomes available anyway. You cant do it 2 days before or the morning of delivery, it has to be done the night before delivery

10. wxman2003, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

wxman2003 Suspended

I have had deliveries diverted to a local FED EX store, which in my city was Kinkos. I went and picked it up after work. Just create a free account and FEDEX.com. From there you can customize your deliveries.

Update...I went into my account, and for some reason, it won't allow me to change delivery location for my iPhone.

11. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

12. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

FedEx has always refused to hold my iPhone at the location without first making one delivery attempt. They told me that their agreement with apple requires it.

Can't hurt to give it a shot, though. Ya never know, you might get a different story, or a rep that's willing to help.

13. Maaz macrumors 6502a