Shipping times down for iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iNtrigued, Oct 14, 2010.

1. iNtrigued macrumors member

Just noticed that shipping times for the iPhone 4 are down to 3-5 days. It was 5-7 days yesterday. I'm guessing Apple revamped their production in the midst of the new China release and stuff.

Anyone else cares about this but me? jeje:rolleyes:

2. nwbusa macrumors regular

Went down from 3 weeks to 2 weeks in Canada today, too. Moving in the right direction.

3. iNtrigued thread starter macrumors member

Hello Canada...lol

Yea. I guess Apple is really "working their butts off". (Famous word from Steve Jobs. LOL (Any "whispers", word, news on the white iPhone 4?) They should revamp THAT production now. LOL

CHEERS!:D

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

And still not White iPhone, and the 3GS has a 1-2 week shipping window, strange?

5. iNtrigued thread starter macrumors member

3GS not priority I guess....

You know.....i think 9 out of 10 people are buying the iPhone 4 instead of the 3GS. Don't know why anyone would want a 3GS if they had to choose between it and an iPhone 4? I'm guessing production for iPhone 4 is way more needed than production for 3GS. Hence, the slower shipping times.

But just in case anyone wants a 3GS, they know they would need to wait maximum 2 weeks for it to be made and shipped. Most likely it's a lesser wait.

I want a WHITE iPhone 4 NOW! LOL........:p

6. SnowDX macrumors 6502

That's cool. I ordered mine September 27 when it was 3 week shipping and it said it would ship Oct. 19. I was hoping it might ship after a couple weeks, but no such luck. Status is still "not shipped". I am getting very antsy. :p

7. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I walked into my Apple store and got one right away! They said they had more then enough in stock.

8. jcole31 macrumors regular

$$$. The 3gs is a hell of a phone at $99.

9. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I am about 6 hours away from the nearest Apple store. :(

10. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

I ordered mine on Sept 25 and got my notice this morning that it had been shipped. It's in HK right now and arrival date is scheduled for Monday.

11. iNtrigued thread starter macrumors member

yup....i agree

although......everyone wants an iphone 4 over the 3GS. Way cooler features......i'm sure anyone can cough up and extra $100.

12. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Waiting on white...

13. iNtrigued thread starter macrumors member

me too....

for the past 3 1/2 monhs!:confused:

14. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Thanks. Seems to me that mine is right on track for the 19th then, perhaps the 18th. Hopefully I get lucky and it ships tomorrow so it gets out before the weekend. I am so frickin' anxious!

I was waiting for awhile too until I realized that waiting for white meant using my Motorola in the meantime and missing out on enjoyment time with the iPhone! I then went and ordered a black and my white desire has significantly diminished. :D

15. machewcoy macrumors member

machewcoy

Ordered mine a few days ago since my 3G finally bit the dust (had a cracked screen for about a month.. Then the display started to slowly go out.) Shipped out yesterday! It is currently on an island in Hong Kong.. Hrm..

16. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I don't understand Apple. I've been waiting for 3 weeks, yet they ship one out to someone in the U.S. in a day (you are in the U.S.?) while a bunch of us Canadians are waiting for our orders. Is it that they already have an allotment locked to AT&T (which they obviously couldn't send to me)?

You've got my phone! ;)

17. SnowDX macrumors 6502

did you happen to notice how long it stayed in the "prepared for shipment" status? I just checked and that's what mine says! Really, really hoping it gets shipped out today and doesn't have to wait until Monday!

18. skinsone macrumors regular

Ordered another i4 from ATT - phone ordered on Tuesday afternoon and received it this morning. I was pleasantly surprised it arrived so quickly. Memphis to Northern Va.

The antenna/bar issue seems to be resolved with this new iphone. Now we are just waiting for Verizon to complete the port process.

19. machewcoy macrumors member

machewcoy

Haha, oops! Sorry, man.. Yeah, I'm in the U.S... I'll be sure to resist the urge to open it until you receive (which would, in this case be) mine.. Then we can just mail eachother our respective iPhones! :D ;)

Hahaha, in all seriousness though, that IS a bit strange - I wonder why they still have yet to ship out an order that was placed several weeks ago?! Have you called and checked what's going on with your order?

20. SnowDX macrumors 6502

It did say 3 weeks shipping time when I ordered mine and that it was supposed to ship on Oct. 19. Today I checked and it's "prepared for shipment" so I'm guessing it will ship out Monday the 18th. One day early. Woo-frickin-hoo. :D Apparently they think that because us Canadians get unlocked phones that they can make us wait in misery for weeks while all our friends in the U.S. get their phones in a couple days.

21. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

Mine was delivered this morning, any further on yours?

22. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Or it could be demand has subsided.

23. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Lunck you! Do you have it all set up?

I got my shipping notice this morning. :D FedEx says delivery should be Thursday.