"Ships: By July 2nd" check-in!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LaMerVipere, Jun 23, 2010.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Good afternoon fellow July Seconders,

We truly are an unfortunately bunch. After at least 50 or more tries all day on the 15th I was unlucky enough to get lumped into the July 2nd group for shipping. LAME.

I know there are a lot of you out there!

Have any of you had your devices shipped or status changed? Mine of course still says "not yet shipped"--anyone else debating trying to pick up one in a store this weekend and then canceling their order? It's a big gamble.

I had my hopes up that Apple would get our phones out the door sooner, but if they really aren't going to ship for another week or more that's a real disappointment.

Signed,

A July Seconder

2. atheros07 macrumors member

I just posted on another thread about this... nothing yet. I also tried nearly 100 times that day before the order finally went through.

Attached Files:

3. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

How cruel.

PS, hey we have the same computer! Eerie.

4. Richie3000 macrumors member

Yup, July 2nd over here as well. I was hoping that with all these cancellations there'd be a slight chance we'd get pushed forward a bit...Now I'm not even sure how I feel about being a guinea pig!

Yellow and brown screens? Reception that goes into the toilet when you hold the phone? WTF?

Sorry Apple, but I prefer to be able to hold my phone every now and again. Let's pray that these are just anomalies and not wide spread!

5. xenuprime macrumors 6502

I am glad mine scheduled for the 2nd. I was on the fence about black or white and now I know the white will be out soon. I am considering canceling my order. Mine is still not yet shipped, I think I can cancel up until it says prepared to ship.

6. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I too was hoping that with all these cancelations and phones arriving early that anyone who ordered on the 15th might have theirs shipped already. No such luck it seems.

7. Dj BW macrumors regular

I was quoted as a July 2nd ship date from apple....

however ....

[​IMG]

I ordered from apple at 7:48pm pst

8. Richie3000 macrumors member

when did you get this update from apple? i've been hitting refresh like a fool for days over here hoping for something like that!

9. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

10. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Whoa! When did that arrive? Jealousy doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now, my good man.

11. Dj BW macrumors regular

I recieved it yesterday. so stoked! it also says this now at the top...

[​IMG]

im sure it will be here tomorrow am though.....A WEEK EARLY!:D

12. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

maybe early

You may get iphones earlier... maybe not. Apple has in past years continued to ship them to stores daily despite a waiting list from apple.com orders. I am planning on going to an apple store this and/or next weekend to get a new phone b/c I'm planning on them arriving daily like in past years.

13. Dj BW macrumors regular

That was from FedEx....This is the one that I got from Apple. Note the time that I bought it. I was pissed at first when they told me I would get it July 2nd instead of June 24th.....All good now.

Also note that those Apple in-ear headphones were added to my order for free ny an apple online service rep as well.....:D

[​IMG]

14. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

When my phone went in my cart it said the 24th. But my confirmation email came and I became a July Seconder. Then it was prepared for shipment and shipped with the rest of the 24ths. Then I got the email about it delivering on the 23rd. Now, I have it right next to my computer.

I think I was one of the first to become a July Seconder and Apple sped up the production and got mine made in time to ship. Sorry folks.

15. Dj BW macrumors regular

I originally got a $100 off promo code toward my iPhone 4 from an online apple rep. I simply emailed her back and asked for another one, and BAM, she sent me another one. Here is the 3GS I am ordering right now too. Not really sure why Apple and Att is letting order it as I only have one line. But wanted to wait till my iPhone 4 shipped before ordering this so they would not cancel my iPhone 4 order. Check this out ......

[​IMG]

;)

This is the email I got with the promo code. (My second one) A big thanks to good ol Lynn @ Apple.....

Dear Mr. B*** W******,

Thank you for contacting Apple.

We are pleased to offer you a coupon for the Apple Store. This coupon is valid through 6/26/2010 for any one of the discounts listed below. The appropriate discount will automatically be applied by the Apple Store based on the total estimated cost of all eligible items in your cart, excluding applicable taxes and shipping charges. Your coupon’s Promotion Code is ***********.

$30 off a purchase of at least $100
    $60 off a purchase of at least $200
    $100 off a purchase of at least $300

To redeem the coupon, please visit http://www.apple.com/store or call 1-800-MY-APPLE, where representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Regards,

Lynn *****
    Apple

16. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

A-ha! What did you have to do to get those for free? Complain? I'm a great complainer!

17. Ahambone macrumors newbie

I am another July 2nder. When I ordered the phone, the front page still said "June 24th," but by the time I got to the "complete your order" screen, I was looking at July 2nd. I've been trying to will the order through all week, but I'm still stuck on "Not Yet Shipped." I doubt it, but I *might* try my local Apple Store tomorrow, based on reports of how the day goes (if the day isn't a complete circus/bag of fail for people trying to buy phones tomorrow).

18. Dj BW macrumors regular

A loooooong story.

short version~ they basically sold me my iPhone 4 with a $100 off promo code and I got the confirmation and all good right?

wrong!

the next morning (june 16th) i got an email from apple saying they undercharged me and the promo code was only supposed to be $60 off. not $100 off. WTF? So i had to pay an additional $40 the next day which also pushed mt june 24th ship to a july 2nd ship too....But the online support rep was supper cool. He offered me either a bumper or in ear headphones for free for the inconvnience. i took the headphones because a $79 value for free. I plan on trading them in for a couple bumpers and a dock.....

So basically I got $60 off my iPhone 4 with a promo code

I am getting $100 of my iPhone 3GS with the 2nd promo code

And $79 free in ear apple headphones for the inconvenience....

Just for voicing my opinion of how f'd up the preorder process was.

Not bad eh'?

19. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

I canceled my July 2nd order actually just yesterday actually. I'm planning on trying my luck at a B & M store but I'll be watching this thread out of morbid curiosity. :p

20. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I am so close to canceling as well. If it doesn't show any movement either tomorrow or Friday I figure I will just cancel and try my luck at an Apple Store. I mean people have been getting theirs since yesterday so clearly they're not in THAT short a supply.

21. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

Shipping them out two days before launch is like salt to your wounds! I kept going back and forth about canceling too, but I'm going out of town and since customer service was ridiculously unhelpful, I had no choice unfortunately.

If the July 2nd orders ship out before I have to leave, I'll feel even worse, haha.

22. Dj BW macrumors regular

FedEx finally updated their website. Its in Alaska now, due here tomorrow am. A week early. So there is hope for July 2nd ship date customers. I was one of them......

[​IMG]

23. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

From the UK: nothing, nada, still not shipped. Hoping for it to go out tomorrow or sometime before Saturday.

24. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

i ordered mine about the same time that it was switching from the 24th to the 2nd and just looked tonight and have a prepared for shipment update.

do you think that these phones are coming from china too or maybe a facility here in the United States?