Shortcuts App in iOS 13

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by Armen, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm sure most of you know that the Shortcuts app (formerly workflow until Apple purchased the company) is now baked into iOS which means it will have system level access and be more robust. I was exploring the app last night and I came across the automation section in the app.

I set a time triggered event of "every morning at 8:15am, get directions to work". In anticipation I was expecting the navigation app to open with directions to work at that time. What I got instead was a notification to run that shortcut.

Is this feature just not ready or does Apple really think "automation" means presenting the user with a prompt to click ok to?

2. Cigsm macrumors 6502a

There’s a toggle to run automatically. Turn it on.

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Where? The only toggle is to enable or disable it. Enabling it just throws up a notification.

4. Skeptical.me macrumors 6502

Skeptical.me

I would like to know this as well.

I thought automation meant to open and run by itself but alas I have to be prompted to manually trigger the Shortcut.

Tbh, I find that I mainly use the Shortcut extensions for Safari than anything else.

5. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

See attachment.

The option isn’t available for every automation

Attached Files:

6. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Hmm. The workflow I defined was pretty simple. At 8:15am open directions to work. This morning I didn’t even get the notification