Should Forum split the PC only games from "Apple games"?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by PracticalMac, Aug 24, 2009.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Too many of these posts are for PC only games.

Makes it hard to read about those Mac compatible (no need for BootCamp or VPC).

Well?

2. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I really question if this forum is busy enough to need to split between Boot Camp Windows and OS X native games.

That being said, I think it is a good idea otherwise, as it is frustrating to hear someone talking about a game such as "Kane's Wrath" and then realize that they are talking about a bootcamp or parallels game, or even a homemade Cider port, etc and not a native Mac game.

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

No need. Many of the questions apply equally to a Mac and PC version of a game. I don't want to have to read two forums to get the same info I now get in one forum.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It would not bother me if a separate MacRumors Windows Gaming forum was created or keep it like it is. When I post regarding a Windows game I try to remember to put something in the title like (PC) and most certainly I mention it up front in my post.

5. davecom macrumors member

I agree a split is a good idea. As a lurker only interested in native Mac games, I find it irksome having to dig through all the PC stuff.

6. punjabimc macrumors newbie

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

But they're not console games.

Why not sticky a bylaw thread for the board. If a game is about the technical side of a game then request the user to put [Mac] or [Win] before the topic. The games forum is also about advice on games which has nothing to do with specific OS versions.

If we do a split then we need a Mac, Win and one that doesn't matter (game advice, friend codes etc).

9. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I agree, a method similar to the system in Marketplace would work perfectly. :) I'm only really a lurker on that board, as I play very few games, but I'd be nice to see at a glance whether the game is Mac-specific.